Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Want help regarding EzBoot...

Hi all,

i want my application to be auto started when i boot my phone.So i am using EzBoot (Boot Manager Application).I have downloaded the required sis file.

I got all the required information about EzBoot on the following website

http://www.newlc.com/EzBoot.html

I created one sample application in carbide and follow the steps given on website.But i am not able to do it succesfully.I got confused in the paths..i guess..

I just want to ask whether anybody already used this EzBoot concept in his own application???Or please anybody can help me after reading the steps on website..I tried a lot but not able to do it..

Rohanwaugh.

Re: Want help regarding EzBoot...

Hi,
    Have you checked this article in wiki about auto start up
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...Management_API
    Follow this link to see how you can achieve this.
    Maximus
    S60 Developer
    Impossible is nothing

Regular Contributor

Hi ,
    i have already seen that but it doesn't work.and anyways there it ie mentioned that it doesn't work with Self Signed application.And my application is self signed only..So i am looking for EzBoot utility..If u know how to use EzBoot utility then please let me know..

Rohanwaugh

Nokia Developer Moderator

EzBoot works only for S60 2nd Edition and Series 80 devices while the Startup List Management API is only available for S60 3rd Edition.

So, depending on the platform version you're working one one of the above solutions would not be available at all.

Now, if you're still working with S60 2nd Edition there is an alternative to EzBoot, a Symbian API named Start-On-Boot Registration API
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

hi ltomuta,

i want auto startup functionality for series 60 3rd edition devices...So i should use startup Management API..right??But on that link it is mentioned that this API's can't be use for self signed applications.I am using self signing application only..So now what should i do?? EzBoot option is already ruled out for me as it works only for series 60 2nd edition,as said by u..R u sure EzBoot works only for series 60 2nd edition devices??

Rohanwaugh..

Nokia Developer Moderator

EzBoot is nothing but a recognizer so in theory it would work for S60 3rd Edition too (not S60 3rd Edition FP1 or later though) but it would require signing :) The NewLC page contains a release history so it is easy to check that no S60 3rd Edition release is available.

There is no way around the Startup List Management API's limitation, an application must be signed in order to be allowed to start on boot. If this feature is critical for you then consider signing your application. If it is not critical then just forget about it and let the user start the application when he wants to use it.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

hi,

Thanks for the reply..I will do the auto startup part after signing.

Rohanwaugh

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by rohanwaugh View Post
    I will do the auto startup part after signing.
    Then how does it help in overall scenario!? I didn't get your point.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team