Discussion Board

D211 + vb6 + AT commands

Hi,
    I'm developing a software that use a modem card.
    I'm trying your d211 and i'm having tuuble.
    When I receive something (any string) I do obtain an error "Error reading the device"
    I'm using VB with mscomm control sending AT commands to the modem.
    The software does work correctly with analog modems and (I've tryed right now) with your CARD PHONE 2.0
    The modem that answer the call is a GSM/GPRS modem, using the GSM standard mode.
    I think me to need an initialization string to send to the modem, but I don't know which one.
    I've got the programming manual, but I don't know exactly wich is the wrong parameter to midify
    I'v already called the Nokia support in Italy, but they can't help me
    (the person I've spoken to told me that since the Internet connection does work well, nokia won't help me!!)
    Can you help me, please?
    Thanks in advance

Regular Contributor

RE: D211 + vb6 + AT commands

Hello,

I'm not quite sure what is the problem. Is it that the modem port cannot be opened or AT commands return an error?

If the connections work through card then opening the modem works in general -> the problem might be in the VB script.

If AT commands return error status then the command might be wrong. Have you succeeded modifying the settings through Nokia D211 user interface and verified that the settings are correct by establishing a connection that way?

Nokia support in Italy does not help you in SW development. They concentrate on the basic usage issues with Nokia devices. This forum is the right place for developer issues.

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support