×

Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    29

    Unhappy do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    hi,

    just started pythoning today. i was trying to send sms with the following code. in my phones SENT folder it says msg end but msg is not sent.

    do i need some sort of certificate for this

    + im not using simfree phone its 3 hutchison UK phone

    the make is N95


    import messaging
    messaging.sms_send("+12312", mylist)

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    411

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    Ya you need to sign for capabilities such as sending SMS, emails.
    IDEAS is all they need but still they think only Genius can give them that.

  3. #3
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deva, Romania
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    Actually no, no signing is needed. This page provides descriptions of capabilities and NetworkServices is a basic capability, which means you don't need special signing to get it.

  4. #4
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    411

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    oh o! I misunderstood it as Silent SMS service!

    I think for silent SMS service you need to sign?
    IDEAS is all they need but still they think only Genius can give them that.

  5. #5
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bhubaneswar, India
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    In series 60 3rd edition signing is necessary.
    check this link for symbian signing.
    https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/page

    what are the capability you have in your application.
    -------------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Ram
    Symbian OS 9.2/9.3,S60 3rd FP1/FP2,Carbide.c++v2.0

  6. #6
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deva, Romania
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    Quote Originally Posted by RB_Sahu View Post
    In series 60 3rd edition signing is necessary.
    check this link for symbian signing.
    https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/page

    what are the capability you have in your application.
    Things work a bit differently in PyS60 than they do in Symbian C++ Like it says in the link I gave, NetworkServices is a basic capability and thus Symbian Signing is not required in order to have it.

  7. #7
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bhubaneswar, India
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    Quote Originally Posted by bogdan.galiceanu View Post
    Things work a bit differently in PyS60 than they do in Symbian C++ Like it says in the link I gave, NetworkServices is a basic capability and thus Symbian Signing is not required in order to have it.
    Thanks for correction about PyS60 .
    -------------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Ram
    Symbian OS 9.2/9.3,S60 3rd FP1/FP2,Carbide.c++v2.0

  8. #8
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deva, Romania
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    If the application still won't work you could try signing it, just in case. Go to https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/pa...ignedOnline.do enter the information, select all the capabilities and submit it. Remember to specify the capabilities when making the sis file with Ensymble.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    29

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    Quote Originally Posted by bogdan.galiceanu View Post
    If the application still won't work you could try signing it, just in case. Go to https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/pa...ignedOnline.do enter the information, select all the capabilities and submit it. Remember to specify the capabilities when making the sis file with Ensymble.

    hi,

    thanks for the replies unfortunately i cant sign my application cos i cant install Symbian S60 3rd edition on my STUPID vista home premium and thus cant use py2sis to generate sis file....

    here is the code im trying to run....

    import appuifw
    import messaging

    foods = [u"cheese", u"sausage", u"milk", u"banana", u"bread"]

    choices = appuifw.multi_selection_list(foods,'checkbox',1)

    items_to_buy = []
    for x in choices:
    items_to_buy.append(foods[x])

    greetings = appuifw.query(u"Add some greetings?", "text", u"thanks!")
    if greetings:
    items_to_buy.append(greetings)

    shoppinglist = ", ".join(items_to_buy)
    print "Sending SMS: " + shoppinglist
    messaging.sms_send("+1234334", shoppinglist)

    appuifw.note(u"Shoppinglist sent")


    as Reminder in Sent box it shows my msg but my msg is actually not sent..... :S

    thanks for ur help

  10. #10
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    hi alibarain

    please always use code tags to post your code in the dibo. Code tags are provided as # in your editor.

    Enjoy Pythoning
    Gaba88

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    29

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    hi alibarain

    please always use code tags to post your code in the dibo. Code tags are provided as # in your editor.

    Enjoy Pythoning
    Gaba88
    thanks Gaba. here it goes again.....

    Code:
    import appuifw
    import messaging
    
    foods = [u"cheese", u"sausage", u"milk", u"banana", u"bread"]
    
    choices = appuifw.multi_selection_list(foods,'checkbox',1)
    
    items_to_buy = []
    for x in choices:
    items_to_buy.append(foods[x])
    
    greetings = appuifw.query(u"Add some greetings?", "text", u"thanks!")
    if greetings:
    items_to_buy.append(greetings)
    
    shoppinglist = ", ".join(items_to_buy)
    print "Sending SMS: " + shoppinglist
    messaging.sms_send("+1234334", shoppinglist)
    
    appuifw.note(u"Shoppinglist sent")

  12. #12
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    411

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    Hi aqibarain,
    Let me try my hands on Ensymble, as py2sis works for 1st and 2nd edition phones. Please email me your IMEI number so that I can directly give you the signed sis file.
    Last edited by shubhendra; 2008-10-23 at 17:18.
    IDEAS is all they need but still they think only Genius can give them that.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    29

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    Quote Originally Posted by shubhendra View Post
    Hi aqibarain,
    Let me try my hands on Ensymble, as py2sis works for 1st and 2nd edition phones. Please email me your IMEI number so that I can directly give you the signed sis file.
    Thanks shubhendra, thats really very kind of you but im using N95 which uses S60 3rd edition i don think that sis file made for 2nd edition phone will work on 3rd editions as well

    ?????

  14. #14
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    411

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    Quote Originally Posted by aqibarain View Post
    Thanks shubhendra, thats really very kind of you but im using N95 which uses S60 3rd edition i don think that sis file made for 2nd edition phone will work on 3rd editions as well

    ?????
    Exactly thats what I meant for making sis files for 3rd edition phones you need to use Ensymble.
    IDEAS is all they need but still they think only Genius can give them that.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    29

    Re: do i need sign my app to send sms....??

    Quote Originally Posted by shubhendra View Post
    Exactly thats what I meant for making sis files for 3rd edition phones you need to use Ensymble.
    Thanks Shubhendra, i tried to use Ensymble with openssl but :S its just tooo much confusing..... tried to search the interent also but that also didnt work now can you please tell me in detail how this thing works.... and if possible please provide me with some good link.

    thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2010-08-03, 07:03
  2. send sms from an app on the phone
    By Nishith Nand in forum General Messaging
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2006-05-06, 11:29
  3. Accessing IR port from an App to send SMS
    By tanabian in forum Nokia M2M
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2003-07-21, 20:03
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2002-07-23, 14:39
  5. Track if a sms is a response to a sms I send
    By tuender in forum General Messaging
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2002-07-19, 07:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×