Discussion Board

The application does not start on the phone

hi,
    I have created with carbide c++ the .sisx file for my application, then i have installed this file on the phone correctly, but when i try to start it, the application does not start and it is running on the phone in background.

what can i do?

Super Contributor

Re: The application does not start on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by massimo190286 View Post
    hi,
    I have created with carbide c++ the .sisx file for my application, then i have installed this file on the phone correctly, but when i try to start it, the application does not start and it is running on the phone in background.

what can i do?
    what is the type of application you have created,

i have created a GUI application with wizard executable for Nokia S60 3rd-Future Editions only.

Did you add any new classes or code in the project. Could you tell us what do you mean by the application does not start and it is running on the phone in background
    Regards,
    Sriky

Nokia Developer Moderator

i have created a GUI application with wizard executable for Nokia S60 3rd-Future Editions only.
    What do mean by future editions only?

How have you verified that its working in the background? Is it a simple helloworld created by wizard or you have your own codes added to it also?

The simple hello world application start corretly, the application in question contains other .cpp file, i think that it running in background because i can't unistall it, until i not arrest the application manually going in the management of applications.

When i try to start application in the installation folder, does not appear my first view with my menu, but remains displayed the list of the available application in the folder and
    over the icon of my application appears a turning circle as a symbol of loading or execution.

Super Contributor

The simple hello world application start corretly, the application in question contains other .cpp file, i think that it running in background because i can't unistall it, until i not arrest the application manually going in the management of applications.

When i try to start application in the installation folder, does not appear my first view with my menu, but remains displayed the list of the available application in the folder and
    over the icon of my application appears a turning circle as a symbol of loading or execution.
    the application will not go to back ground if you some thing wrong with your added code or you are forcing it to go to background in you code.

Hi,
    If its a simple helloworld application then can you close it when the application is in foreground? In case not there is something which you would have added which is not closing the application. Or are u really trying something like a background application?
    Maximus
    S60 Developer
    Impossible is nothing

mm I think you should put logs in your application. It has hung somewhere may be. How to put logs is in thislogger example
    Regards,
    Sriky