Discussion Board

Post copy and paste on E65

Quick question, I'm writing a J2ME program and one of the forms is a TextBox. I want to be able to copy and paste from it but when I use the pencil key the copy and paste options aren't there.

Am I missing something here or how do I copy and paste from a TextBox on a symbian phone?

I've searched around but all I can find is code to make your own clipboard that works within the program

Any help appreciated

Re: copy and paste on E65

i found some very odd new information about the problem.

from the TextBox screen i have two options to go to two different screens. if i go to the first one and then click back, copy and paste still aren't there but if i go to the second and then click back they appear.

the two screens are almost identical form objects and the only difference between the two commands to go to the screens is that the command that doesn't work has the commandType set to Command.SCREEN and the other has it set to Command.OK.

I've confirmed that this is why it appears for one and not the other because if i switch the commandTypes, the copy and paste options then appear after viewing the first form and not the second.

does anyone have any ideas?

Re: copy and paste on E65

I found the problem.

In the TextBox class I had a reference to another form so that I could use some of its methods. Having this reference in the constructor affected how the JVM dealt with the text box.

I took the reference to the other form out of the constructor so now it's only invoked when it's needed and all is well