Discussion Board

downloading a java application with a 9 kb from wap displays file too large

hi
    i've tried to download applications from wap for my nokia 3510i
    i started to donwload an application with a size 20 kb i said no problem as i know that the maximum size for midlet is 64 but it displayed file too large to be loaded i i checked the free memory it was 230 kb free 97 for games 0 for applications i tried a 14 kb the same 9 kb the same it just download applications with 1:8 kb size please any 1 help me with this. 1 of the important points of the nokia 3510i is the java downloads but its useless here.
    any 1 have a solution please put it ....
    kareem

Regular Contributor

RE: downloading a java application with a 9 kb from wap displays file too large

Hello Kareem,

The problem might not be in your phone but with operator (Etisalat?) WAP gateway. Many earlier WAP gateways only allowed about up to 1.5 - 2 KB files WML through. Check it with the operator.

Regards,

Petteri / Forum Nokia

Thumbs up Re: downloading a java application with a 9 kb from wap displays file too large

I have experienced this problem too, it's caused by something really weird:

The type of the submit form "POST" or "GET" makes a difference on some phones!

Also the url that the submit form submits to has to be correct (i.e. not blank or anything), else you could get this error too!

Sincerely,

David Freitas
    www.defza.com