Discussion Board

FAXING_ EXTERNAL SCREEN _ EXTERNAL KEYBOARD _

Hello , I think using the mobile in addition to the talking must be developed for those FIVE essentials :
    1* Faxing : MOBILE FAXING DIRECTLY using any photo or text .
    2* Supporting External Keyboard the same one of Computers by USB Port or bluetooth.
    3* Supporting External Screen the same one of Computers by Junction or Joiner ( so there must be Built in VGA In the Mobile )
    4* Ability for Installing and Setting Windows XP or VISTA OS .
    5* USB Port ( 1 is enough , because we can use Tree Joiner to get More Ports) .

** Another Plus Features wanted for Adding :
    =1= Projector for mobiles and it may be External as an Accessory .
    =2= Sending and receiving files CELL TO CELL OR CELL TO LAND Computer or LAND Computer TO CELL .

If All the Last Feature Were Found In Any Mobile which is Supports Installing Software , It will be Be Better than Any Mobile and Laptop In this World .
    I got some photos showing me new generation from laptop pc , it had 3d projector screen which creating the view in the volume of air , it was like colored ghosted pyramid its head coming from the projector and its base against it and the vision was from its base and the vision size was various depending on the strength of the projector also it had 3d projector for keyboard I wish to find those features in mobiles .

Additional Plus Feature :
    Digital receiver satellite with TV internal and TV out ( if the mobile was able to set windows and it had USB port so then we can use external Digital Receiver box ) .

GREETINGS

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: FAXING_ EXTERNAL SCREEN _ EXTERNAL KEYBOARD _

Note the title 'Developer Community, Discussion Boards'. People around here are software developers, programmers. The title for this particular boards is 'Tools and SDK Feedback'. So it is for feedback about existing tools for software development, and SDK-s (Software Development Kits) themselves.
    Software developers actually use web browser applications they are familiar with. Thus, if they can not read some text, they can enlarge fonts for themselves.

There are discussion sites for end-users too, such as http://discussions.europe.nokia.com

Anyway
    1* was supported for a really long time, I have never even heard about anyone who has faxed something from mobile. You can send MMS-s or e-mails instead
    2* you can freely use Bluetooth keyboards (Nokia, non-Nokia, does not matter) with S60 devices for years by now
    3* many recent S60 devices have TV-out feature (composite and some kind of WLAN-related one - I have never managed to figure that out), and there are applications for sending display to a PC too
    4* bad idea, it would boot for days I think, and XP is about to reach the end of its life cycle as I know
    5* USB OTG (On The Go) standard is coming, I think sooner or later it will become available on mobile devices too

=1= Personally I have already presented .ppt from an N93 (two years old device, the first one having TV-out), so it is possible
    =2= many N-Series device already supports joining your home WLAN network, and sharing/accessing content

"Additional Plus": DVB-H support is also present in many Nokia devices. Satellite receival would require you to walk around with a dish tied to your head...

Thumbs up Re: FAXING_ EXTERNAL SCREEN _ EXTERNAL KEYBOARD _

HELLO
    1** I MEANT FAXING TO LANDLINE FAX AND RECEIVING FAX FROM LANDLINE FAX , SO MMS WILL NOT WORK AND SEEMS TO BE UNUSEFUL .
    2** OK , THIS IS NEW INFO FOR ME ABOUT SUPPORTING EXTERNAL KEYBOARD .
    3** DO YOU MEAN THAT I CAN USE LCD 19 FOR NOKIA IN SOME PRODUCTS ?
    4** THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE ( DID YOU HEAR ABOUT VIRTUAL MACHINE OR VIRTUAL PC SOFTWARES ? ) I MEANT THE SAME HERE BY INSTALLING WINDOWS XP OR VISTA AS AN INSIDER PROGRAMME WHICH WILL BE TURNED ON FROM INTERNAL SOFTWARE WORKED ON SYMBIAN AS LIKE VIRTUAL PC , AND THIS WILL BE THE MOST GREAT REVOLUTION .
    5**WE WILL BE WAITING FOR THE NEW USB THE SAME OF COMPUTER HOLE .
    ANSWERING FOR PARAGRAPH =2= :
    =2= I MEANT SENDING AND RECIEVING FILES THROUGH CALLING TO SO FAR CELL PHONE OR LAND PC AS LIKE HYPER TERMINAL IN WINDOWS .
    THANK YOU
    Last edited by devander; 2008-10-24 at 16:58.

Regular Contributor

Exclamation Re: FAXING_ EXTERNAL SCREEN _ EXTERNAL KEYBOARD _

Quote Originally Posted by devander View Post
    HELLO
    4** THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE ( DID YOU HEAR ABOUT VIRTUAL MACHIE OR VIRTUAL PC SOFTWARES ? ) I MEANT THE SAME HERE BY INSTALLING WINDOWS XP OR VISTA AS AN INSIDER PROGRAMME WHICH WILL BE TURNED ON FROM INTERNAL SOFTWARE WORKED ON SYMBIAN AS LIKE VIRTUAL PC , AND THIS WILL BE THE MOST GREAT REVOLUTION .
    Even for running an OS over VMware/ Qemu on my Laptop I need at least 512MB+ RAM to do it properly so running a Virtual Machine over mobile phone may be a possibility in near future but with minimal configuration, until and unless the developers minimize the RAM needs of these softwares. Or maybe 512MB+ RAM in phones?
    IDEAS is all they need but still they think only Genius can give them that.

Re: FAXING_ EXTERNAL SCREEN _ EXTERNAL KEYBOARD _

HELLO
    I USED VIRTUAL PC WITH 128 MB OF RAM AND ON 1200 CICLE PROCCESSOR AND IT WORKED VERY GOOD WITH TWO XP SYSTEMS .ONLY VISTA REQUIRE 512 MB , SO I HOPE IF THERE IS AN ABILITY FOR EXTENDING THE RAM OR USING VIRTUAL MEMORY FROM THE CARD OR USING EXTERNAL RAM .
    THANX