Discussion Board

Nokia D211 and WinFax pro 10

Hi

I having problem receiving faxes, can only send.The dialog box and everything comes up...but then it stops.Why?

win 2000.

Regular Contributor

RE: Nokia D211 and WinFax pro 10

Hello,

Please, check that the following settings are correct.

In the Winfax pro program:

Tools-->Program setup and here choose the "Receive" option.
    When the "Receive" opens, choose "D211/D311 GSM modem" and click on the "Automatically answer incoming calls".

In the Program setup: choose the "Modem and configuration devices" and Nokia D211 GSM modem-"TAPI".

If you use sometimes other devices or modem, you should check if the Nokia D211 GSM modem-TAPI is chosen or not. These settings may have be changed after using different devices.

Best Regards,

Nokia 211 Support

Did not help, still the same.Its receiving the call...and then it stops and hang up.Do i need winfax 10.02 or a newer driver for D211?

Regular Contributor

Hello,

Please check that Fax class has been set as "2".

Another thing that came to my mind is to check that the incoming call is a data call. Some modems initiate a call as voice call and Nokia D211 drops those calls as voice is not supported.

Have you tried Winfax Pro support pages? They have a very good data base and problem solving tools at their website at http://www.symantec.com/winfax/ under "Support". I think you can find a solution that way much quicker.

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support

Winxfax 10.0 + Nokia 7210

I have the problem, that my nokia 7210 (Software version V 3.09 02-10-02) is detecting by Winfax (Windows 98) Data modem Class 1 Class 2, nothing about fax capabilities. As far as I know 7210 has fax capabilities. When sending winfax is telling me: modem is not answering, please try again. When receiving, Winfax is answering the call, but then telling that: "modem enabled" and call is terminating. How should I fix this problem???

Winxfax 10.0 + Nokia 7210

Please refer to me on my e-mail: utata@mail.ru

Regular Contributor

RE: Winxfax 10.0 + Nokia 7210

Hello,

Unfortunately your question is not in the focus of this discussion board. In this discussion board the discussion is about Nokia multimode cards such as Nokia D211.

Please contact Club Nokia Care Line.

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support