Discussion Board

Changing Emulator Language 3rd MR

Hi

I wanted to change emulator language to Chinese or Thai to test my application. SDK Docs say that it can be done via
    Start > Programs > S60 Developer Tools > 3rd Edition SDK > 1.1 MR > Languages->Change to Chinese

But on 2 of my machines the Change to Chinese link is not valid and it doesn't even show any target when I take properties.

I wonder if there is a workaround. How can I resolve it?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Changing Emulator Language 3rd MR

Though I have not noticed until know, I have the same issue. If you check those links on your machines where they work, you will see that they actually call Java with specific parameters. My guess is that you had no Java on the affected machines when the SDK was installed - at least this is the situation in my case.
    Specifically the Chinese link is
    "C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -classpath unzip.jar;plugins/general.jar;lib/log4j-1.2.8.jar -Dsource=language -Ddestination=..\..\.. -Dlanguage=zh_cn -Dplatform=winscw com.nokia.epdt.zip.ZipManager"
    Personally I would guess those links are simply unzipping (primary guess, when a tool named as "ZipManager" is invoked) the archives from epoc32\tools\ecmt\language, but some other magic may also happen (source and destination are obviously locations relative to epoc32\tools\ecmt, language is the name of the .zip file, but platform may have some special role - I do not know).

Thumbs up Re: Changing Emulator Language 3rd MR

Thanks a lot man.

This worked for me. I was able to run the command as you mentioned from epoc32\tools\ecmt and a progress dialog came up that decompressed and changed language. Running epoc from commandline instantly gave me Chinese emulator.

Thanks again.