Discussion Board

Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

Hello folks,

I was unable to find what the correct terminology is for this. I have multiple UIs and I'm trying to link them all together.

In NetBeans 5.1 w/ Mobility (J2ME), there was a thing called 'Flow' right next to the 'Design' tab or something. Let's say if there's a [LOGIN] button, you were able to click it and link it to the next UI it's supposed to go to (drag & drop).

Is there anything equivalent in Carbide.C++ or any link that'll explain this in detail? Oh, I've never worked with UIs in C++.

Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor

Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

Hi,

I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean but there is something called "Carbide.c++ UI Designer". The document about it is available here:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...signer_WP.html

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan.galiceanu View Post
    Hi,

I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean but there is something called "Carbide.c++ UI Designer". The document about it is available here:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...signer_WP.html
    Thank you for your reply.

I guess I'm confused on how to go from one UI page to another. For example, I'll have the Main UI come up and it'll have Options and Exit. In the Options menu, I would like to have Login, Register, Forgot Password, Exit.

When Login is selected, it would go to the Login page. Is there a way to automatically generate HandleLoginMenuItemSelectedL part?

what do you mean by HandleLoginMenuItemSelectedL, you could activate Login page when you click it.
    Regards,
    Sriky

Quote Originally Posted by sriky27 View Post
    what do you mean by HandleLoginMenuItemSelectedL, you could activate Login page when you click it.
    How would I go about activating the Login page?

So I right-clicked Login, and went to Show Events View and there's an event for selected. I double-clicked it and it gave me the:

TBool cMSyncContainerView::HandleLoginMenuItemSelectedL ( TInt aCommand)
    {

return ETrue;
    }

ActivateL( ELoginView ); should activate your loginview.You have to call it in the login command in the options menu.
    Regards,
    Sriky

Hey I have same prob as 2cds. When I do the ActivateL(ELoginView);

I get unidentifed identifier "ELoginView". I am working on the same project as 2cds. So is there a way to fix it? Do I need to include any header files in the Login.cpp? Or is all that already generated from UI designer. Essentially we just want to link pages so if I click login option it goes to login page and vice versa for register.

Hi,

you should check the s60ex for multiple views there is an example for that. And regarding ELoginView should be declared in any of headers.
    Regards,
    Sriky

Quote Originally Posted by urban37 View Post
    Hey I have same prob as 2cds. When I do the ActivateL(ELoginView);

I get unidentifed identifier "ELoginView". I am working on the same project as 2cds. So is there a way to fix it? Do I need to include any header files in the Login.cpp? Or is all that already generated from UI designer. Essentially we just want to link pages so if I click login option it goes to login page and vice versa for register.
    Hi,
    Undefined identifier means that you have not declared it in your hrh file where you should define all the view Ids (that is the general practice).If it is already present in your hrh file then include that file in your cpp file.
    Maximus
    S60 Developer
    Impossible is nothing

Alright well, here's a screen shot (LINK) of an error I'm getting, and I'm referring to this link:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...89&postcount=5

hi,

I have seen the link every view when it is created a view id is assigned so I believe when you are created your view you should have assigned it the view id EMSync_FormContainerViewId, if you didn't then you would have problems or the header file in which it is declared is not included in the cpp where you are using it.
    Regards,
    Sriky

Quote Originally Posted by sriky27 View Post
    hi,

I have seen the link every view when it is created a view id is assigned so I believe when you are created your view you should have assigned it the view id EMSync_FormContainerViewId, if you didn't then you would have problems or the header file in which it is declared is not included in the cpp where you are using it.
    Turns out we had to use:

AppUi()->ActivateLocalViewL(TUid::Uid(EMSync_FormContainerViewId))

Thanks for your help!