×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16

    Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    Hello folks,

    I was unable to find what the correct terminology is for this. I have multiple UIs and I'm trying to link them all together.

    In NetBeans 5.1 w/ Mobility (J2ME), there was a thing called 'Flow' right next to the 'Design' tab or something. Let's say if there's a [LOGIN] button, you were able to click it and link it to the next UI it's supposed to go to (drag & drop).

    Is there anything equivalent in Carbide.C++ or any link that'll explain this in detail? Oh, I've never worked with UIs in C++.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deva, Romania
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    Hi,

    I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean but there is something called "Carbide.c++ UI Designer". The document about it is available here:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...signer_WP.html

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16

    Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by bogdan.galiceanu View Post
    Hi,

    I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean but there is something called "Carbide.c++ UI Designer". The document about it is available here:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...signer_WP.html
    Thank you for your reply.

    I guess I'm confused on how to go from one UI page to another. For example, I'll have the Main UI come up and it'll have Options and Exit. In the Options menu, I would like to have Login, Register, Forgot Password, Exit.

    When Login is selected, it would go to the Login page. Is there a way to automatically generate HandleLoginMenuItemSelectedL part?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    what do you mean by HandleLoginMenuItemSelectedL, you could activate Login page when you click it.
    Regards,
    Sriky

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16

    Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by sriky27 View Post
    what do you mean by HandleLoginMenuItemSelectedL, you could activate Login page when you click it.
    How would I go about activating the Login page?

    So I right-clicked Login, and went to Show Events View and there's an event for selected. I double-clicked it and it gave me the:

    TBool cMSyncContainerView::HandleLoginMenuItemSelectedL ( TInt aCommand)
    {

    return ETrue;
    }

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    ActivateL( ELoginView ); should activate your loginview.You have to call it in the login command in the options menu.
    Regards,
    Sriky

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27

    Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    Hey I have same prob as 2cds. When I do the ActivateL(ELoginView);

    I get unidentifed identifier "ELoginView". I am working on the same project as 2cds. So is there a way to fix it? Do I need to include any header files in the Login.cpp? Or is all that already generated from UI designer. Essentially we just want to link pages so if I click login option it goes to login page and vice versa for register.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    Hi,

    you should check the s60ex for multiple views there is an example for that. And regarding ELoginView should be declared in any of headers.
    Regards,
    Sriky

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by urban37 View Post
    Hey I have same prob as 2cds. When I do the ActivateL(ELoginView);

    I get unidentifed identifier "ELoginView". I am working on the same project as 2cds. So is there a way to fix it? Do I need to include any header files in the Login.cpp? Or is all that already generated from UI designer. Essentially we just want to link pages so if I click login option it goes to login page and vice versa for register.
    Hi,
    Undefined identifier means that you have not declared it in your hrh file where you should define all the view Ids (that is the general practice).If it is already present in your hrh file then include that file in your cpp file.
    Maximus
    S60 Developer
    Impossible is nothing

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16

    Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    Alright well, here's a screen shot (LINK) of an error I'm getting, and I'm referring to this link:

    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...89&postcount=5

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    hi,

    I have seen the link every view when it is created a view id is assigned so I believe when you are created your view you should have assigned it the view id EMSync_FormContainerViewId, if you didn't then you would have problems or the header file in which it is declared is not included in the cpp where you are using it.
    Regards,
    Sriky

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16

    Re: Linking multiple UIs or Application Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by sriky27 View Post
    hi,

    I have seen the link every view when it is created a view id is assigned so I believe when you are created your view you should have assigned it the view id EMSync_FormContainerViewId, if you didn't then you would have problems or the header file in which it is declared is not included in the cpp where you are using it.
    Turns out we had to use:

    AppUi()->ActivateLocalViewL(TUid::Uid(EMSync_FormContainerViewId))

    Thanks for your help!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2008-08-22, 17:14
  2. Preventing multiple instances of an application
    By egawthrop in forum Symbian
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2008-08-12, 09:59
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2005-06-03, 12:08
  4. how to create multiple bitmap file in a application?
    By Nokia_Archive in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2002-06-03, 03:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×