Discussion Board

Thread: eVC and D211

eVC and D211

Hello,

I am trying to write a simple program to control Nokia D211 basic functions, but so far no succes. I am using eVC 3.0. In dowloaded SDK I found libraries for Pocket PC so I am trying to use them, but could not make even simple program to work.
    Here is my program:
    #include <tchar.h>
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include "iflib.h"
    #include "d211ipc.h"

#include "stdafx.h"

int WINAPI WinMain( HINSTANCE hInstance,
    HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
    LPTSTR lpCmdLine,
    int nCmdShow)
    {
    HANDLE hIpc;
    DWORD dwStatus, dwOpmode;

_tprintf (TEXT("1. Opening IPC...\n&quot);
    #ifndef _D311
    if (IPC_STATUS_SUCCES != (dwStatus=IPCCreateNamedPipe (TEXT ("NokiaD211&quot, 16384, TEXT ("Control sample&quot, &hIpc)))
    #else // _D311_ELSE
    if (IPC_STATUS_SUCCES != (dwStatus=IPCCreateNamedPipe (TEXT ("NokiaD311&quot, 16384, TEXT ("Control sample&quot, &hIpc)))
    #endif // _D311
    {
    hIpc=NULL;
    }

if (IPC_STATUS_SUCCES != (dwStatus= IPCCloseHandle (hIpc)))

return 0;
    }

When compiling it returns 3 errors telling me that IPCCreateNamedPipe and IPCCloseHandle are undeclared indentifiers. In VC this program works OK witohout any error. Where is the problem?
    Can this card be programed from eVC 3.0?

Regular Contributor

RE: eVC and D211

Yes, the card can be programmed from eMbedded Visual C++ 3.0. The IPC function declarations are in D211IPC.h, which you correctly include. So, they shouln't be undeclared identifiers. Make sure you link your program with a correct version of the d211ipc.lib. Otherwise you'll get linker error for unresolved external symbols (LNK2001). The SDK provides lib-files for different CE devices.

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support