Discussion Board

Thread: Extend Keyboard

Question Extend Keyboard

Hi
    Would it be possible to extend the keyboard to include the new keys present in some models?
    In particular I'm interested in the multimedia keys (forward, stop, continue) and the volume (up, down).
    It would also be useful to simulate the slide (show full-keyboard, show multimedia-keys) as found in N95 devices.
    I understand this would require different skins, but some emulations already offer new keys on screen.
    Thanks a lot.

Arrow Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

Could you please add Dutch language into Nokia Remote Device Access. If only for a one device.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

Quote Originally Posted by FCA00000 View Post
    Hi
    Would it be possible to extend the keyboard to include the new keys present in some models?
    In particular I'm interested in the multimedia keys (forward, stop, continue) and the volume (up, down).
    It would also be useful to simulate the slide (show full-keyboard, show multimedia-keys) as found in N95 devices.
    I understand this would require different skins, but some emulations already offer new keys on screen.
    Thanks a lot.
    FCA00000:

Thanks for the feedback. We can investigate this, but the limitation with the currently used technology is that those keys which are not accessible through (public) SymbianOS APIs can't be supported. In the future this might change.

Izatenat:

Yes, I can easily reflash some device with a language package for dutch. Do you have preferance for the model? Or will any 3rd ed. device do? This might take a few days though as we're in middle of moving to new office.