Discussion Board

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Problem for build application with QT S60 for real device

Hello all! I am sorry i not good speak english, i from Russia.
    I was download and install 3rd Edition FP2 SDK and QT S60 (4.4.2-pyramid open source), make it with instruction in archive.

I can compile for emulator any examles of QT but i can not compile it for real device. wen i comple with GCCE:
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Nickolay>cd C:\QT\4.4.2-pyramid\demos

C:\QT\4.4.2-pyramid\demos>abld build gcce udeb >errs.txt

MMPFILE "\QT\4.4.2-pyramid\demos\shared\SHARED_7BBC9BB0.MMP"
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\re
    lease\ARMV5\udeb\QtGui.lib', needed by `\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32
    \release\GCCE\udeb\deform.exe'.  Stop.
    make: *** [TARGETDEFORM_369BB2BC] Error 2

C:\QT\4.4.2-pyramid\demos>
    i try copy file QtGui.lib from archive opensourcebinais.zip to this directore but error going again:
    Code:
    : undefined reference to `#<DLL>QtGui{000a0000}[2001b2dd].dll#<\DLL>a15'
    \S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\release\ARMV5\urel\QtGui.lib(QtGui{000a
    0000}-2682.o): In function `theImportedSymbol':
    : undefined reference to `#<DLL>QtGui{000a0000}[2001b2dd].dll#<\DLL>a7a'
    \S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\release\ARMV5\urel\QtGui.lib(QtGui{000a
    0000}-2688.o): In function `theImportedSymbol':
    : undefined reference to `#<DLL>QtGui{000a0000}[2001b2dd].dll#<\DLL>a80'
    0000}-2882.o): In function `theImportedSymbol':
    and many many other errors... :-)
    i want compile QT for ARMV5 maybe it halp compile it... I find RVCT 2.2 in arm.com download demo and crack it. But i download only some exe files in zip archive, i think it is not all? maybe i must download other?

and in INSTALL file in commercion release of QT write:
    Code:
    RVCT 2.2 build 593 or higher
    RnD certificates installed in %EPOCROOT%
    what is RnD it? and where i can get it?

Re: Problem for build application with QT S60 for real device

Hi,

It would probably be better to post questions on Qt for S60 to the feedback mailing list - qts60-feedback@trolltech.com. You need to go to the website and subscribe to it first.

I can build examples for a real device using GCCE - make sure you follow the instructions about unzipping the whole opensourcebinaries.zip file to the correct location. You need the dlls too, not just the .lib file.

I don't think anyone will be able to help you using a cracked ARM RVCT compiler. RnD is R&D or research and development. If you're using a cracked compiler you probably won't have access to these certificates either.

This build process does work, just follow the instructions carefully.

Sorcery

Big thenks for responce :-) I add in my path everoment variable path to the RVCT and now i can normal compile application with ARMV5. but wen i try compile QT it show error:
    Code:
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\re
    lease\ARMV5\udeb\QtCore.lib', needed by `\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc3
    2\release\ARMV5\udeb\QtGui.dll'.  Stop.
    make: *** [TARGETGUI_C2BC24FC] Error 2
    in folder udeb was created file QTCore.dll and some other files in folde lib create QtCore.lib and other files... but for make QtGui.dll it find QtCore.lib in folder udeb... why...

This sertificate request only for install on device or for compile library?

Nokia Developer Moderator

In the first post you have been trying to build release, now debug. Re-check what you are doing and why.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    In the first post you have been trying to build release, now debug. Re-check what you are doing and why.
    It is "poke method" i try all what i think... But when i meke release or debug i can see equals errors... I sit here three days and try compile any... But is only I wonder not more.

Nokia Developer Moderator

I do not know QT in fact, so I do not know if QtGui.dll/lib is part of your code or part of Qt.
    If it is part of your code, you probably have some compilation errors prior to the quoted message.
    If it is part of Qt, you are probably supposed to copy these files there from somewhere else.
    Personally I would vote for the former one ("your code"), since "system" libraries usually have a common instance, in the common ARMV5\lib folder.

Ah... Big thenks all! I was delete all fom folder C:\QT\4.4.2-pyramid\ extract archive with QT source code to this folder again, delete all created files in "udeb" and "lib" folders, compile QT with RVCT compiler again, it all normal compiled and i can use now all exemples included in QT on my phone... :-D But it not create QtCore.lib file in directory "udeb" but normal compile without it... :-D
    I study in Don State Technical University in last year i make course work with QT but i make it for Linux ofcose, maybe next time i write application for S60 phone :-)

Dont understain now how i can sign SISX file symbiansignet not want make it.... But i crack my phone and copy it in c:\sys\bin and :\private\10003a3f\import\apps my files it normal work in phone... :-D
    Last edited by Lubagov Nikolay; 2008-10-29 at 22:48.

Hi ,
    I tried to build the demo but I am getting lot of errors. I am totally new to Symbian and Qt but having lot of interest in Qt. Can anybody post tutorial to compile and run HelloWorld example for Qt on S60 ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nit1507 View Post
    Hi ,
    I tried to build the demo but I am getting lot of errors. I am totally new to Symbian and Qt but having lot of interest in Qt. Can anybody post tutorial to compile and run HelloWorld example for Qt on S60 ?
    Thanks
    What errors? When i run "configure" it show to me many errors but i think, it is normal. This QT have not some part and libraryes, and folders where "configure" seach files. I think it http://pepper.troll.no/s60prereleases/ is enought FAQ for build, really i have only one problem: when i build QT with "winscw", and next i try build examples with "gcce" and "arnv5" compiler, it finded old build files maked with "winscw" and NOT override it.. and cannot compile it! When i delete all and compile again ONLY for Armv5 it finished ok...

Yes ofcose now i create window with one button, when press on button must be show openfile dialog and it show filename in label :-) But open dialog not showed... :-D

And i can not select menu item on real device, can not change keyboard layout(in nokia E70 i can write only english in N80 only numenic) I thnk now in QT cannot write fullfunctonally application, but it very good library, and in next time, i think, we can used it...

for compile self application i make commands:
    C:\TestQTs60>qmake -spec symbian-abld -o Makefile C:\TestQTs60\myapp.pro
    C:\TestQTs60>bldmake bldfiles
    and create bld.inf file:
    Code:
    #define BLD_INF_myapp_f1df1104

// Files to be exported
    prj_exports

// Project platforms
    PRJ_PLATFORMS
    WINSCW GCCE ARMV5

// Project files
    PRJ_MMPFILES
    gnumakefile Makefile_f1df1104.mk
    myapp_f1df1104.mmp
    C:\TestQTs60>abld build winscw udeb
    it compiled, but in my application not work signal-slot connections on emulator... dont know why... MOC working.. and in real device signal-slot connections working..
    Sorry i very bed speak english maybe it not one people not understand :-D
    Last edited by Lubagov Nikolay; 2008-10-30 at 19:21.

Thanks Lubagov for your reply but I am getting following error when I try to configure Qt. Can help me to resolve this error ?

User break, cancelled...
    C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK\epoc32\tools\make.exe: *** [project.o] Error 2
    Creating makefiles in src...
    Generating Makefiles...
    Could not find mkspecs for your QMAKESPEC(symbian-abld) after trying:
    C:/Qt/4.4.3\mkspecs
    Error processing project file: C:/qts60/qt-embedded-s60-opensource-src-4.4.2-pyramid/projects.pro
    Qmake failed, return code 3

Thanks.

Thanks Lubagov for your reply but I am getting following error when I try to configure Qt. Can help me to resolve this error ?

User break, cancelled...
    Generating Makefiles...
    Could not find mkspecs for your QMAKESPEC(symbian-abld) after trying:
    C:/Qt/4.4.3\mkspecs
    Error processing project file: C:/qts60/qt-embedded-s60-opensource-src-4.4.2-pyramid/projects.pro
    Qmake failed, return code 3

Thanks.
    Dont know, but why you compiler search mkspecs in folder C:/Qt/4.4.3\mkspecs i think it must search it in folder C:/qts60/qt-embedded-s60-opensource-src-4.4.2-pyramid\mkspecs in you computer. Maybe you have not correect evioment variable PATH, and it run other QMAKE try add it C:/qts60/qt-embedded-s60-opensource-src-4.4.2-pyramid\bin\ in PATH as FIRST. And in INSTALL file saviot install QT in C:\QT\4.4.2-pyramid\ if you will be use this directory maybe PATH variable will be very long... (If you move to this dir maybe problems,(half of QT configurate and will be seach files by old path) i fhink better re extrct it to new dir, and reconfigure it...)

My PATH now:
    Code:
    C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;c:\Qt\4.4.2-pyramid\bin;C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\tools;C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1;C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\gcc\bin;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin;C:\Program Files\ARM\RVCT\Programs\2.2\593\win_32-pentium;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Документы\RAD Studio\5.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files\Nokia\CodeWarrior for Symbian v3.1\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools
    I write post in my blog about compile QT http://my.opera.com/Lubagov/blog/2008/10/31/qt ofcose on russian lang, but i attached hacked RVCT.
    Last edited by Lubagov Nikolay; 2008-10-31 at 10:51.

Thanks Lubagov, as you said I corrected path but now it is giving qmake error as there is no qmake.exe in bib folder. Please gudie me.

User break, cancelled...
    Generating Makefiles...
    execute: File or path is not found (C:\qts60-pyramid\bin\qmake)
    Qmake failed, return code -1

Thanks Lubagov, as you said I corrected path but now it is giving qmake error as there is no qmake.exe in bib folder. Please gudie me.

User break, cancelled...
    Generating Makefiles...
    execute: File or path is not found (C:\qts60-pyramid\bin\qmake)
    Qmake failed, return code -1
    When you run configure it MUST first copile QMAKE and next compile proj files with qmake. Qmake compiled with MS Visual C compiler. I run configure in MSVC command promt: Start->All programms->Microsoft Visual Studio 2005->Visual Studio Tools->Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt
    If you have not MS Visual Studio i think you can build it with MINGW, only set " -platform win32-g++" (ofcose mingw must be installed). It is for all QT versions not only S60...
    Some time ago i build QT3 for windows :-)

Hi Lubagov Thanks for great help till now. Basically i am Java guy so I am totally new to all these , that's why troubling you. I do not have Microsoft VS. But I am having MingW. I did following

C:\qt-s60-pyramid\qmake>mingw32-make -platform win32-g++

but do not get any output. Am I doing correctly ? or anyother settings are required ? Thanks once again.

Hi Lubagov Thanks for great help till now. Basically i am Java guy so I am totally new to all these , that's why troubling you. I do not have Microsoft VS. But I am having MingW. I did following

C:\qt-s60-pyramid\qmake>mingw32-make -platform win32-g++

but do not get any output. Am I doing correctly ? or anyother settings are required ? Thanks once again.
    Dont know... I build QT for windows with MinGW... I think must add mingw dir ("C:\mingw\bin\" for example) in path and configure as:
    Code:
    SET PATH=C:\mingw\bin\;%PATH%
    configure -platform win32-g++ -xplatform symbian-abld -qconfig symbian
    But i try build it with mingw now... It is not build.. Show filed...
    Last edited by Lubagov Nikolay; 2008-11-01 at 18:43.