Discussion Board

midlet on nokia 6212 and PC over nfc communication , how?

As i understand contactless cardreader can interact with 6212 Secure Element but midlet haven't access to cardreader in this mode. Also i read about nfcip and llc modes but it is not enought information how to realize that connection with PC on pc side. Is anybody realize that interaction?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: midlet on nokia 6212 and PC over nfc communication , how?

You probably can't create applet which will run on secure element and access external reader, sorry. But you still may try. Even I can't say for sure that it's impossible. You can simulate secure element with a plugin for NFC Manager, put it to internal smart card slot restart emulator and attach real reader to antenna area and see what happens.

NFCIP mode is not supported and not recommended to use in 6212. LLCP is supported. To enable it just launch second instance of emulator you will get 2 tabs, arrange them so that you can drag image of a phone to another one and they will be connected (I'm talking about NFC Manager). you also can use popup menu if you don't like dragging. To test this, open contacts, by default there are 2 business cards and one will be selected, launch second instance and connect them in NFC Manager as I discribed above, you should transmit them via LLCP. You also can write midlets to exchange data.

Btw, there is nice documentation you can read. It has pictures

I already have applet on SE and can interreact with it from pc.
    I want itteract between PC and midlet without SE. Why you think nfcip not recommended and not supported? I find that LLCP is not approved yet.
    btw i have 6212 on hands

Nokia Developer Expert

Ah, so you are not using emulator? Then I can't help you much. Hopefully some other guys know how to do that.

well, you could get yourself a nfc-p2p compliant device like a reader from SCM, ACS or Arygon. They already support P2p and should (more or less) talk to your 6212. cheers, geri-m

is ACR122 appropriate?

I haven't tested that yet, but it should do.

Hi all, newbie here...I'm not sure if this is place to post this question but it seems to me that someone here can help me with my problem. My scenario is this, I have a midlet that will talk to the applet in the internal secure card. I am using Eclipse 3.2 and got a plugin for jcop with it. I'm using Series 40 Nokia 6212 NFC SDK. What I want to do is to run simultaneously both the midlet and the applet simulated as in the internal secure card. Anyone can help me how to do this? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by geri-m View Post
    well, you could get yourself a nfc-p2p compliant device like a reader from SCM, ACS or Arygon. They already support P2p and should (more or less) talk to your 6212. cheers, geri-m
    hello,

I am currently testing the spirits of NFC.

I use a PN533 and a nokia 6212 and the tag MIFARE 1K.

I can write and read on a tag MIFARE 1K.

but I can not share information with the NOKIA 6212 and the PN533.

I use the program provided by NXP SCRTester to communicate with the PN533.

PN533 in target and originator GSM.

Can someone help me in writing the script to communicate with GSM nokia 6212?

thank you in advance

I've got the same problem.
    I have to recieve data in midlet form external reader. Should I just open ISO14443_CARD listener, as I do with MIFARE cards. Or I need some java card applet installed in phone?
    Can anyone explain whith java cards applets? How it works with nfc midlets and what its purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by vier4vier View Post
    I've got the same problem.
    I have to recieve data in midlet form external reader. Should I just open ISO14443_CARD listener, as I do with MIFARE cards. Or I need some java card applet installed in phone?
    Can anyone explain whith java cards applets? How it works with nfc midlets and what its purpose?
    I also started in the NFC.

After the tests I have done, I think we should design a Java API for GSM nokia.

Just as UIDreader who can read the ID TAG Mifare 1K.
    I am learning JAVA currently trying to understand how we imagine a JAVA API.

The GSM can be "read tag" but that's not enough if you want to transfer data.

I think if you based API UIDreader can adapt to achieve a data transfer. For example, a note.

I think I can decide to send commands to GSM to send data etc..

But now we must develop an API on the Nokia to prepare to receive DATA.

And it's not easy ...