Discussion Board

Super Contributor

"Multilanguage applications" test criteria

Hi,
    We are about to submit an application to certified signed. We need a manufacturer approved signature. In Nokia's test criteria, the "Multilanguage application" test (NOK-11) says that the application should select the device language at startup.

Up until now I had used the technique I've seen that I've seen recommended over and over in these boards, which is having a pkg file that looks like this:
    Code:
    {"$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\myapp.r01"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\myapp.r02"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\myapp.r57"} -"c:\resource\apps\myapp.rsc"
    But with this we wouldn't pass the test, since the language doesn't change on startup - only one language is chosen during installation.

Is there a way to change the package file to conform to this test or do I have to write code that chooses the right resource pack (after installing all the resource files straight-forward) at runtime?

shmoove

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: "Multilanguage applications" test criteria

you could try it as:

"$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\myapp.r01" -"c:\resource\apps\myapp.r01"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\myapp.r02" -"c:\resource\apps\myapp.r02"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\myapp.r57" -"c:\resource\apps\myapp.r57"

Super Contributor

Would the application framework know to look for a file that isn't *.rsc though?

I've noticed your Y-Browser handles this fine. Is this what you did there?

Thanks,
    shmoove

Super Contributor

OK. Nevermind, it works.

My problem was coming from somewhere else: since I'm developing an MTM, and the UI and UIData modules have to load the resource files dynamically, I needed to fix those functions to reflect the fact that the resource file wasn't an *.rsc file.

Cheers,
    shmoove

Nokia Developer Moderator

I did it just as I said in the previous post, though, I added a query where users can choose to drop some languages out. Basically tyen they can select only one language to be used, and will get it working in their native even when the phone is in some other language..