Discussion Board

3530/3510i WAP Download???

Hi,

I would like to create a WAP site that able for me to download games and color picture and polyphpnic ring tones from that wap site to my Nokia 3510i/3530.

Do u know where can i find a FREE WAP hosting site that can support these - meaning able to allow my wap enabled phone to download color games, color pictures, and polyphonics ring tones from that wap site?

Meaning the web server that able to support jar and jad format!

How about the polyphonic ring tones and color pictures, how to configure the web server in order for the wap enabled handset to download those ring tones and pic from the wap site?

I mean what format should i use on the ring tone / pic (mid / jpg)?

I found that most of the free web space provider such as freeservers.com, geocities.com, etc didn't provide mime file support?

Then, how we go about it ?

PLEASE HELP, I HAVE BEEN SEARCHED AROUND FOR FEW MONTHS REGARDING THESE QUESTIONS, BUT STILL NO RESULT!

Please guide.

Thankz.

C.C.Wong

Regular Contributor

RE: 3530/3510i WAP Download???

Dear developer,

I have used normal www-server to download content to my own 3510i. Only problem this far has been, that I have to bookmark every content separately, because normal www-page doesn't support wap/wml-pages by default (without modifications in server side)

I have placed some animated GIF-files, normal GIF-files and polyphonic MIDI-files (SP-MIDI) to my www-site and then created bookmark to 3510i, which point directly to file (like http://www.someserver.com/mypages/mobile/wallpaper.gif

When I need for example test midi files or gif-files, then I just edit bookmark (it's boring to type whole url again). This is good way to test, but not useful for content distribution point of view.

You were looking free wap hosting. www.wapdrive.com might be your solution. I have no personal experience, but at least they are advertising free WAP hosting....

Best Regards,

Hanttila