Discussion Board

Unhappy Nokia calling innovators without publisher ID

Hi everyone,

I would really like to apply to the Calling Innovator event organized
    by Nokia but as an independent developper I face the famous Publisher ID problem. It has become so frustrating to develop with thoses capabilities restrictions that I became willing to by my own Publisher ID but it's not event possible without a Company set.
    For example I need the ReadDeviceData capability. How can I present such an application to this event without a Company and thus a Publiser ID ? Is there some special workaround for this event or does Nokia not want independant developers to apply ?

Hope someone as a solution
    Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia calling innovators without publisher ID

An application that requires [Read|Write]DeviceData can be signed using the Open Signed Online service. As for the actual submission in the contest you can provide an unsigned SIS with the instructions on which capabilities are required.
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2008-11-10 at 15:11. Reason: Ups! Read ... Write ... same thing really :)
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Re: Nokia calling innovators without publisher ID

Got it! Thanks a lot for the solution.

Any chance that Nokia/Symbian find a work aroud for freeware developers to use more capabilities without setting a company ? The purpose of a publisher ID being to verify the identity of the company developing a product it should be possible to apply the same process to a private person.

Regards