Discussion Board

nokia 6131 nfc sdk/emulator help

Hey everyone,
    I am having some problems working with the 6131 nfc emulator on my new laptop
    -Lenovo T400
    -XP pro service pack 2

I have been using this sdk and emulator successfully on on my old computer without any issues for a while now. But when i install it on the new laptop and run my application on the emulator (either directly or thru eclipse) it causes a lot of issues. One when i click to launch the application, it takes atleast 15 - 30 seconds everytime, when on my old computer, it was instantanious. Everything, especially editing text fields on the new computer is also extermely slow and it even sends incorrect value to a localhost server app (which by the way works great on my old computer)

At first i thought it was maybe the fact that i also upgraded the eclipse version, so i went back to europa, that didnt help. Then i tried downgrading to the jdk/jre version of the old computer , that didnt work as well.

I have tried the emulator on another machine and it seems to work fine there as well, just not on my new laptop. I cant think of what is causing the incompatibility issues. There are no apps installed on the laptop except norton. I even uninstalled it but that didnt work either. Can someone please help me figure out if there is a service/program or missing requirements that can cause this behaviour or if its something to do with the laptop itself in which case i need to figure out asap so that i can try to exchange it

thanks!!

Re: nokia 6131 nfc sdk/emulator help

Could this be your problem?

From the 6131 NFC SDK release notes:
    - Overall performance of the SDK in dual-
    core/hyperthreading systems is poor. With the
    current release it is recommended that dual-
    core/hyperthreading features are turned off.

If your new laptop is the only one with this feature...

Yes!

I had this problem: the Nokia 6131 NFC emulator ran extremely slowly on my newer laptop but OK on the old laptop. I disabled dual-core processor (in the BIOS) and things came good.

If you are not sure how many processors you have running try this: open Control Panel, select System > Hardware > Device Manager > Processors and count: if there are two processors shown then you have dual processors enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by acutetech View Post
    Yes!

I had this problem: the Nokia 6131 NFC emulator ran extremely slowly on my newer laptop but OK on the old laptop. I disabled dual-core processor (in the BIOS) and things came good.

please do not do this as this will slow down your whole laptop. Atm i'm developping on the 6212 and on the 6131 at the same time. I'm using the 6212 newer sdk. So far i didnt encounter any compatibility problems so you could think about switching to the 6212 emulator...

With me it runs quite ok on a dual core

Greets