Discussion Board

Need help please!

Bought e71, my first Nokia phone ever. Great device so far, though I don’t understand why desktop wallpapers don’t take up the whole screen.

Anyway, I downloaded themes, try to install the sis file … I get either an ‘expired’ error message, or an ‘application error’, or something about ‘contact the supplier’. Nothing gets installed on that phone that has a sis extension.

So, I downloaded Carbide.ui, I create the theme from scratch, I follow the tutorial, I make those keys whatever they are…I export the sis file … try to install … still I get error messages. What’s with this sis issue anyway? All I ever wanted was a freaking wallpaper…

Look, I’m a noobie in anything related to Nokia, I tried to learn everything in like 2 hours, I bet there must be a lot of things I don’t know yet, but still … the whole procedure is really frustrating.

Re: Need help please!

I can't say for sure that this is your problem but to make a theme for the N71 you need a seperate plugin for Carbide. So if you making or are installing themes that are simply specified as S60, 3rd Edition FP1, they may not have been designed using this particular plugin. http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...n_Plugins.html

Steph

Re: Need help please!

Well I just saw a 320x240 resolution instead of 240x320 so I thought that must be it. But anyway, I'm gonna give it a go.

Thanks.