Discussion Board

Post PIM notification still pop up after signed and granted permission to my application.

Hi

I've made my application with contact backup and restore function. everything seems ok after i installed it under test device (N95). I used a signature from Verisign to sign my app. the procedure looks no problem and all settings in App Manager become available to my midlet. Then, i granted "always allowed" permissions to contact list related operations. There is no notification to user when executing READ operation. However, system still pops up some kind of warning message whenever app intend to WRITE to contact list. Is there anyone encountered similar issue before? I am wondering if it is caused by the signature... My test device is retail version in China market.

Thanks in advance.

Regular Contributor

Re: PIM notification still pop up after signed and granted permission to my applicati

Verisign is a third party sign and as such does not grant full access permissions. To get Read and Write permissions without any warnings you will have to get a Manufacturer's signature (like Nokia, Motorola etc )
    Thanks and Regrads
    Pradeepcg

Re: PIM notification still pop up after signed and granted permission to my applicati

hmmm. If that's the point, Nokia were following a quite interesting strategy since they removed notify dialog for read operation, but left all dialogs for the write operation. Anyway, thanks for your kind reply:-)

Super Contributor

same thing for setting alarms in Calendar with signed app...

Super Contributor

Please see this known issue
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...iting_PIM_data

Hartti