Discussion Board

Thread: OpenC++

Regular Contributor

Question OpenC++

Hi guys,
    I'm porting a project using Openc++.In the project,they used many boost::Thread.I read the document about Openc++.It illustrates that Openc++ port boost library,but I don't know whether it includes boost::thread lib in openc++??
    any suggestion is appreciated!!
    Last edited by hezhengzhou; 2008-11-12 at 06:02.
    Best Regard!
    Zhou

Regular Contributor

Re: OpenC++

Nobody knows??
    Best Regard!
    Zhou

Hi,

Some people were not even awake when you asked your question, or made the second post!

If you look at the documentation you'll see only the Containers, Math and Smart Pointers libraries are included. However, the headers for many of the other libraries are included in the plugin. Most likely boost::thread isn't supported. The easiset way to find out for sure is to try to build a project that uses it. I'd expect it will compile but not link.

If it isn't available you could always port the library yourself, since it's based on pthreads which (mostly) work in Open C.

Sorcery

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery-ltd View Post
    Hi,

Some people were not even awake when you asked your question, or made the second post!

If you look at the documentation you'll see only the Containers, Math and Smart Pointers libraries are included. However, the headers for many of the other libraries are included in the plugin. Most likely boost::thread isn't supported. The easiset way to find out for sure is to try to build a project that uses it. I'd expect it will compile but not link.

If it isn't available you could always port the library yourself, since it's based on pthreads which (mostly) work in Open C.

Sorcery
    Thank you!!Maybe I can use ActiveObject instead of boost::thread.It's a huge project,but there's no way.Why OpenC++ didn't include thread lib ? It's too hard to port or it's no necessary to port because of phone's limited resource?BTW,we have time difference between our zone.So when there is morning,you are sleeping..-_-!
    Best Regard!
    Zhou

Hi,

You could use pthreads instead of boost::thread. I suspect they haven't ported the boost library yet because it wasn't considered a priority. They'll probably get around to it eventually. It shouldn't be that hard to port.

Sorcery

P.S. I knew about the time zone, what I'm really saying is, have a little patience Most of the Champions & Experts that visit this board are based in Europe.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery-ltd View Post
    Hi,

You could use pthreads instead of boost::thread. I suspect they haven't ported the boost library yet because it wasn't considered a priority. They'll probably get around to it eventually. It shouldn't be that hard to port.

Sorcery

P.S. I knew about the time zone, what I'm really saying is, have a little patience Most of the Champions & Experts that visit this board are based in Europe.
    thx, how friendly European!
    Best Regard!
    Zhou