Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Expert

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: S60 Qt and Kinetic

Interesting

Ron

Hey this is really cool. Did you use the public "Pyramid" release and the Kinetic thing on labs to get this working?

It would be cool to get some more info from you - I really liked the demo. I'm from Qt Software btw (former Trolltech).

That is an N78 you're running it on right?

Nokia Developer Expert

Yep, it is the Pyramid release and Kinetic is the Qt Solution animation framework package. The demo is quite lame, I was just curious if it would run on S60. The device in video is N85. You should be able to send me email ( at least I tried to adjust my profile in that way ).

Nokia Developer Moderator

Updated to the temple? if yes did you notice any performance improvements?

Cheers,
    Jack

Hi guys

This Thread seems to be dead, but I'll try to resurrect it. The thing is: I'm coding an animated game to N95-8GB and would be nice if it could run on Qt Animation Framework.

I'm using s60 sdk fp1 and qt-4.5.0-garden and I was able to build the dragdroprobot example (removing some setcursor calls), but I guess this can be even cooler using Animation Framework 2.3.

Maybe I'm messing with something, perhaps, a bit tricky. I read here - qtanimationframework - that it's not tested with garden, but in theory it can work

To install AF, I ran configure.bat and qmake without problems. But, when I tried to run make debug-gcce, I got several errors.

The first one seems to be that somebody is trying to call g++ and obviously it fails (the failing message is that this version of AF or QT doesn't support g++ or something), but I read the Makefile generated by qmake and didn't see any reference to g++.
    PS: I'm trying to use AF-2.3

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    André Portela

PS2: Sorry for any English mistakes, my English sucks

Sorry to bother you guys.
    Because it's late and I'm pretty lazy now, I tried the easiest thing to do. I just ignored the errors and tried to compile one example to my phone. For my surprise it worked!
    I'm running the easing demo on my N95-8GB, it's dimensions are too large for my phone. I think I have to tweek it to fit in my 240x320 screen, but it seems to be working
    I'll try some more app and let you know.

Regards,

André Portela