Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Two same command button

hi everyone!
    I have one problem in my application. My problem is if I use the list in the form,I add the command for select(i named it as "Select") to trigger the select command listener(Now I am testing in Nokia emulator and sun emulator. It is ok in sun emulator because sun emulator doesn't add the select command automatically). But in the nokia emulator,the select command is automatically added if the form is added the list. So, I have two select button on the screen. How can I use only one command and how can I trigger for only one command listener for that select command.

And the same way in the contact search command. I also add the Search command for retrieving the contact list(I use the textfield for phonenumber so nokia emulator automatically add the search command. ). It is the same problem. It has two search commands. How can I combine these two command?

Please give me some instruction and Please correct my fault.

Thanks you for everything
    sweetsweet24

Regular Contributor

Re: Two same command button

I M Getting Same Problem In My code too but...I m sure change Command type....It wil Work if i m not Wrong...
    Anshu Chauhan
    J2me Developer

Regular Contributor

HEy Do one thing remove ur select command and put ur event on system select command
    Anshu Chauhan
    J2me Developer

Regular Contributor

Firstly,Thanks your reply! According to your advise, the select command problem is solved. But search command still have the problem.

very thank you for your reply.

Regular Contributor

NOw wats the problem in search can u explain me plzzzzzz
    Anshu Chauhan
    J2me Developer

Regular Contributor

Hi! Thanks you for your reply!
    In search command(for contanct list), I change the command type but it still show the two search command button. It is very funny. One form has two buttons with same name and same functions.(One Search button is default contact search button provided by nokia and another is created by me. I create one search button for searching the contact because I think other phone cannot support the search contact button like the nokia. So I add the search button and searching the contact list function.). Please give me instruction what should I do!
    Thanks you for every thing
    sweetsweet24

Regular Contributor

U didn KNo I m GEtting all the problem wat u r getting but i do just one thing...that i remove my Search command lyk select and add use dere command...i wil check my code again whether we can do nything with that..then i wil tell u
    Anshu Chauhan
    J2me Developer

Regular Contributor

Hi,

This behavior will not be the same on all mobile devices also. If possible can you specify on which handset did you tested and found that behavior. If possible test your application through RDA on different Nokia devices and see what is the behavior.

Hope that this helps you.
    Sunil
    Mobile Application Developer