I am wondering will symbian sign (express or ceritfied) such application which uses ReadDeviceData and Location to:
1) Log CellId's change and/or GPS data change to a file
2) Send data to server using gprs (automaticly, once a day for exaple)
It is possible to display ANY security or license warnings to user only during install, and after that application needs to be completely invisible.
I am new to symbian signed, and that's why I have following questions:
1) Is it possible at all to sign such an application?
2) If yes, can I use express signed?
3) If yes, what will happen if symbian will choose my application by random to look closer on it?
4) If no, what can I do to get it signed?
* The only billable event - using GPRS to transfer data to server. I'll put A LOT OF WARNINGS in configuration app (which cannot be runned from user menu (only during installation))
* I am going to share location data to another application through (do not know yet, can you suggest?)...something, and that application will show last logged cellid to user, etc. And I didnt finished that app yet.
* Gonfiguring app will include filling in username/password, data send rate, and if needed all kind of warnings.
* As for user privacy - there are only two things involved - imei and location.