Discussion Board

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Feedback on our new site

Please use this thread to submit your feedback on our new site.

We have tested the site extensively, but there are still likely some kinks to be found. Please report them here or use this thread for just providing any other feedback you might have.

If you report an error, please include also information about your system (OS and browser version). Thanks!

We will be monitoring this thread closely.

Thanks,
    Hartti
    Forum Nokia

Super Contributor

Unhappy Re: Feedback on our new site

Edit: Seems like I logged in too early! Let's wait till tomorrow and see how it's going to look.

After the initial SHOCK of text-mode start page, things are starting to look a bit better The colors make my eyes hurt, but I'm sure it'll be ok tomorrow.

Still shocked about the wap flashback,

--jouni

Re: Feedback on our new site

There is so many trouble to operate, now i want to create new post but not able to find it where is link.

Waste lot of time to go developer discussion board from home page, but did not go then i used old link to go.
    Regards,
    Amit

****"Putting a Smile on other's faces is the essence of true Happiness"****

Super Contributor

Hi,

All the thing come together and lots of link normally needed are on the page. Its little bit complex but its all about familiarity and the design of color are not good. I think better then this you can provide themas like Google provides so anyone can choose accordingly.
    Use [URL="http://qt.nokia.com/products/qt-quick/"]Qt-Quick[/URL] to make your application UI more attractive.

[URL="http://store.ovi.com/content/271896"]http://store.ovi.com/content/271896[/URL] | [URL="http://store.ovi.com/content/276199"]http://store.ovi.com/content/276199[/URL] |[URL="http://store.ovi.com/content/276202"] http://store.ovi.com/content/276202[/URL] | [URL="http://store.ovi.com/content/280827"]http://store.ovi.com/content/280827[/URL]

Regular Contributor

Amazing one!

But there is a little one, as you expected i am currently logged-in in my account , but when am trying to make a search in the wiki or search threads in the discussion boards, the website redirecting me to the login page again!!!

Hope it will be fixed....

Good Luck.

Yes kkrish, Nice point, could we have any control for the text color and fonts style... the text color is extremely highlighted....
    Regards,
    Leonard

Exclamation Re: Feedback on our new site

Wow !
    What ?
    Burb ...

Here are my feeling about the new site

Very interesting features !

Not easy to pick my favourite links in your site I have to get accustomed to this

I have tested with three browsers in Window XP.
    FireFox 3.0.4 Ok
    Internet Explorer 6.0 Ok
    Google Chrome :
    problem : When I click on Discussion Board the new page with DiBo list doesn't open
    But I ve succeed though : I choose Community tab then discussion board and one the recent link
    I didn't like new colors
    Is it possible to use theme instead. I would like to get the old one

BR
    Cyke64
    pys60 1.4.5 and 2.0.0, pygame, PyS60 CE on E90 and 5800 !

Find my pys60 extension modules on cyke64.googlepages.com

Regular Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Feedback on our new site

Good Work!
    Navigation is good. The things I tried worked well, and I found them easily.
    Given the amount of thing that have changed, this is very good.

What I think is not so good is the "soft" style: the soft icons and gray or light text.
    Hey, we are developers. We need to handle the hard realities of mobile development ;-) This is not a consumer side where you want the user to feel good. We are here to get clear information, so high contrast text and crisp icons are better for us.

Regards

Karsten Meier

Nokia Developer Champion

Wow!

I like the personalized feed feature on the homepage.

Don't like that much the new colors: a bit too white balanced and harder to read (specially on the DiBo) than the prev version.

Not sure about the navigation structure, but this is probably just a matter of habits

Really like the (expandable) breadcrumbs!

Miss the comic strip on the old lobby! :P

Pit

PS: link to my Champion page here http://www.forum.nokia.com/Community...ent_Champions/ is broken

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi FN ,

In the All New FN things are listed vertically. For eg. on this page the names are listed vertically. Similarly on some other pages too, content is listed vertically rather than side by side- so more scrolling for the users

Community: I would prefer the older look for http://community.forum.nokia.com which looked more vibrant. The previous look made more good usage of page space. Also there is no video and snap in the current version.

Discussion boards feel like degraded- the previous version was better. Now its going to take a while to get used to it. Also the colours on the Dibo are painful! Is there any option to set custom colours or themes? Some things like Online Status (besides the poster's name) are now in black

The Wiki pages seem to have got wider, so more space now I like the highlighted options on the Wiki like Article, Comment, Edit, History, etc.

I cannot open the Blogs right now, as I get this error,
    Forum Nokia Login

Service is temporarily unavailable.
    I just hope there are more customizable options available to the users!

Best Regards,
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Super Contributor

I rather like it

Three things I liked better before:
    • Discussion Boards colors. I liked that blue, it made it easier to read the text.
    • The Wiki search system (although I couldn't find one, just the one on top of the screen which is the global search). It used to be very useful because it returned results from the Wiki, not from all of Forum Nokia.
    • That list of resources on the left. It was easier to find things. Not that it's very difficult now, but it used to require fewer clicks

Other than that the new look is very good. Very friendly.

There seems to be a problem with the Search members function in the Members List. The search box appears too far down and to the left (Windows XP SP1, 1024x768 resolution, Opera 9.51 and Firefox 3.0.4).

Screenshot:

Hi,

First I have to agree with the others - the colors are absolutely unbearable. I may have to quit posting on the DiBo until they're fixed for the sake of my eyesight. I know they're the official FN colors but they've really got to go!

Initially I hated the new layout but probably because I'm so used to the other one - I'll consider it again in a week or two and add more feedback. I like that I can open and close the parts I like in the lobby... but first I need a more obvious link to get there and second I haven't found all the bits I used to like to keep up with yet.

One little bug I've noticed so far (Firefox 2.0.0.18) is that clicking on a poster's name in the DiBo doesn't work, although you can get to the relevant page if you right-click and do "open in a new tab/window".

Also there is too much junk between the post I'm writing and the rest of the thread - it would be much better if those options were at the bottom (like they used to be?) or the side, or hidden with a little arrow to expand them. I regularly want to scroll back to the thread to cut and paste or refer to what was written and this will just slow me down.

The Wiki looks a bit better but the colors need to change there too.

Hopefully I'll have some more positive feedack when I've discovered all the cool new stuff you've added. Right now I hate it! :-)

Mark

Nokia Developer Champion

Is the Wiki search field (actually, the only way to create a new page) disappeared?

Pit

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by jappit View Post
    Is the Wiki search field (actually, the only way to create a new page) disappeared?

Pit
    The create page is on the left as a menu item.

The Search is consistently on the top left corner. This allows the community to use the advanced google search engine. That is something our users have highly requested for years.

We may have it implemented wrong, it searches everything by default first and then you need to select the Wiki. But it does work very well.

Ron

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi Ron,

the "create page" links actually brings to a Wiki page that tells to use the old search tool to do it (please correct me if I'm wrong). I have not extensively used the new search tool, but it seems not to be integrated with Wiki page creation.

So, the only ways to create a page that I've found are to follow a "pending" link or to manually type the page URL on browser address bar.

Am I missing something (really likely, due to the big changes )?

Pit

Super Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

First of all. Apologies for the service break, which started and ended later than announced. Taking a backup took simply much longer than expected.

Feedback on colors: Noted. We are following the Nokia brand color guidance. We had incorrect coloring for quite long.

JOM, care to elaborate on the "WAP flashback"? Do you mean the Forum Nokia home page or some other page?

aamitgupta, if I read you correctly, you are saying that you would like to have a direct link to the discussion boards from the forum Nokia home page, right? So that you would not need to navigate through the menus first and only then being able to follow link to discussion boards...

amerzannounneh. Thanks for repoting the login issue. We'll investigate and fix this.

Hartti