Discussion Board

VeriSign Certificate OR Unified Testing Initiative (UTI) root Certificate?

Hello everybody!

I've signed my J2ME application with a Verisign Class 3 Public Primary CA but it seems that wasn't a good deal!
    Indeed, once signed, this application no longer is supported by my Samsung SGH-D840 even if on a Nokia6300 all still run well.
    The difference between these 2 handsets regarding the signing aspects is that the SGH-D840 is not JSR-177 SATSA compatible whereas the Nokia6300 is.

A friend told me that the Unified Testing Initiative (UTI) root certificate is available on more handsets than the VeriSign certificate. He seems be right because all the handsets marked with a (+) in the list at http://www.javaverified.com/docs/Tab...vices_1.20.pdf support the UTI Certificate.

My questions:
    1) Has anyone ever used the UTI certificate to sign a J2ME application? If yes, could the person tell me if he recommend it instead of +VeriSign Certificate+?
    2) Could you confirm if UTI certificate is supported by many more handsets (regardless to the manufacturer) in relationship with +VeriSign Certificate+?

Thanks you in advance,

jetmaroc

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: VeriSign Certificate OR Unified Testing Initiative (UTI) root Certificate?

According to numerous recent threads Samsung devices behave in different ways in comparison to Nokia devices. So it may be beneficial also asking questions on their site, http://innovator.samsungmobile.com/
    On the other hand, note that this is the Symbian C++ board, if you click back to "Programming Languages" above, there will be a Mobile Java board too.

Re: VeriSign Certificate OR Unified Testing Initiative (UTI) root Certificate?

Thanks you very much!
    I've transfered my question to Mobile Java area ie http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...240#post508240

I'll contact Samsungmobile to ask them, then I'll let u know their answer!

Thanks again!