Discussion Board

Thread: Nokia 6260

Nokia 6260

Ive just read the announcement of the forthcoming Nokia 6260 slide. I am an adult with a serious job for which a mobile phone is an essential tool. I dont buy a phone as a toy, I dont want every available new feature if it means I have to compromise on size and user friendliness. Touch screen phones are fun and futuristic but dont work as well as buttons.

The best feature of a slide phone is that whatever you are doing with it, by simply sliding shut the phone it will revert to the menu screen and lock itself. Lately I have been looking for a new slider phone and have noticed that alot of them no longer have this feature.

If the Nokia 6260 does not have this feature, it will be a huge mistake.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia 6260

you could alwasy search the internet, and Nokia pages for information, basically if something is not available in public, it is also not discussed in here..

All and all, what about n85, really nice all-in-one slider device..

N85 is a two way slider. Two way sliders are a gimmick, for children, there is no need for a dedicated set of media keys.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Digg View Post
    N85 is a two way slider. Two way sliders are a gimmick, for children, there is no need for a dedicated set of media keys.
    you know that depends on the point-of-view greatly.

And if you don't want to slide it two ways, you definetely do not have to do that...

I just hope Im not dissapointed when it comes out. Its so frustrating when a new model comes out and some of the fundamental features that made is predecessor great are overlooked and ommitted.