Discussion Board

[split] Transparent backgrounds (was Re: Carbide.ui 3.3 Theme Edition released)

First of all Hi to everybody! I`m kind of new here!
    I have two question about Carbide 3.3. I created a theme to my N95 8GB (RM-320), but I got two problems with it.
    One: Why is the music player, and music player 2 layout in Carbide totally different than the N95 8GB music player`s layout? I installed my theme on my N95 8GB, and when I opened my music player the Status Area backgroud, and the Control Area background wasn`t transparent, and wasn`t even straight.I made those area transparent, but it wasn`t really like that on my phone.
    Two: I created a transparent background in landscape mode with Carbide, but on my phone that upper, and lower line wasn`t transparent. It was a blue line. I`m talking about the Idle Status Area background, and the Idle Control Area background.
    How can I fix those two problems? Thanks!
    Last edited by peter2200; 2008-12-01 at 04:35.

Re: [split] Transparent backgrounds (was Re: Carbide.ui 3.3 Theme Edition released)

I made the Status Area, and the Control Area transparent in Landscape mode, but that music player still troubling me. It seems if I use 320x320 image for the music player`s background, then it shrinks it to 320x198 pixel....so basically if the Status Area, and Control Area transparent you will see your image, plus your image upper line, and bottom line when you open the music player on your phone. I think the only way is to color those lines in landscape mode. I really like the idea to opening anything on the phone without seeing those lines. Actually I made my first theme like that,I can open anything in landscape mode without seeing those line, except the music player. It` s sad.Anyway I still try to figure the way to deal with that issue.
    Anyone any idea about it?

Re: [split] Transparent backgrounds (was Re: Carbide.ui 3.3 Theme Edition released)

Hi Peter,
    I'm familiar with the problems you're mentioning regarding the music player and have not yet been able to resolve them either.

Would love an answer if anyone else knows how to fix the problem.

To clarify, in 3rd Ed. FP 2 (only) the "Control Area Background (Lanscape 2)" and "Idle Control Area Background (Lanscape 2)" do not behave the same as all the other 'areas'. When made transparent (Edit/Animate then add Background layer) they appear white (rather than transparent) in Carbide AND when tested on a device, there is some sort of distortion causing the not to look fully transparent and the background to appear offset in some way.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Steph

Hi yiibu_steph!

It seems that noone knows the solution for that, or just because there is no solution for that. I tried everything to get that right, but nothing seems to work to solve that problem. I tried to crop, resize my original background image so that way it can be fit to the upper, and lower line, but that didn`t work out either. I just can`t figure it how the music player fits that image.