Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Expert

[announce] Updated Creepy Invaders game, v 1.2. Now using sensors and vibration!

Hi all,

I have released Creepy Invaders v1.2 Python game for S60 3rd edition. You can download the sis packet and sources (under GNU license) from here:
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/~haviital/index...ts_python_apps

I have coded it fully on device using E61i, E90 and Ped (First release was done with PyEditS60). Also graphics has been made on device, excluding background images.

New features in v1.2.

Features:
    - Sensor API support. Thanks to JOM for the initial implementation!
    - Vibration support. That was easy, thanks to great Misty library by Cyke64.

If the device has sensor (accelometer) HW (tested on N95) and vibration HW (tested on N95 and E90), those are automatically enabled in the game. IMO the best way to use sensors in this game is to rotate device like steering wheel. You can also rotate around y-axis, if you like that better.

Br,
    Hannu

Super Contributor

Re: [announce] Updated Creepy Invaders game, v 1.2. Now using sensors and vibration!

Hi Hannu,

Cool game

Just tested the .sis package. The source code is not available, though. The download link is giving me a "Not Found" error

Hope you can get this fixed

Congratulations for the game and keep it up!

BR,

Rafael.

Re: [announce] Updated Creepy Invaders game, v 1.2. Now using sensors and vibration!

Quote Originally Posted by haviital View Post

New features in v1.2.

Features:
    - Sensor API support. Thanks to JOM for the initial implementation!
    - Vibration support. That was easy, thanks to great Misty library by Cyke64.
    Hello Hannu

sensor and vibration features are great addition to this game
    I would now have sound effects not only the music in the next version

I hope also as Rafael than link to source code will be fixed.
    I've added this great game to the accelerometer LIST

BR
    Cyke64
    Last edited by cyke64; 2008-11-30 at 15:23. Reason: Add wiki link
    pys60 1.4.5 and 2.0.0, pygame, PyS60 CE on E90 and 5800 !

Find my pys60 extension modules on cyke64.googlepages.com

Super Contributor

Well,

Just tried to install on N96 e-disk. At startup I get the familiar white flash and exit. My python 1.4.4 interpreter is installed on e-disk, too, so I don't what could be the problem

Ups, Application Manager says Creepy was installed on c-disk? And re-install verifies that I was never asked where to install... Btw did you include python interpreter inside sis, it's very big?

Sad,

--jouni

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by JOM View Post
    Well,

Just tried to install on N96 e-disk. At startup I get the familiar white flash and exit. My python 1.4.4 interpreter is installed on e-disk, too, so I don't what could be the problem

Ups, Application Manager says Creepy was installed on c-disk? And re-install verifies that I was never asked where to install... Btw did you include python interpreter inside sis, it's very big?

Sad,

--jouni
    Hi Jouni,

Anyway, it won't work on N96, I supose

Devices with 3rd edition FP2 and 5th edition come with new Sensor Framework, which doesn't work with sensor/axyz module, currently.

Hope it will work on next PyS60 release

BR,

Rafael.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments! Source download link has been fixed now.

Cyke64: I hope the new PyS60 version will support streaming audio. Current audio API cannot handle effects. Thanks for the inclusion to the games list.

JOM: IIRC the first release did not work on E: (maybe because I have Pyton on C...) and I just fixed it to C drive in Ensymble. There is only tiny Misty.sisx embedded, but there are a bunch of background images included. The total size is little less than 1 Mb.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by haviital View Post
    JOM: IIRC the first release did not work on E: (maybe because I have Pyton on C...) and I just fixed it to C drive in Ensymble.
    Well, my python is pretty much stuck on E drive! Pretty annoying this situation where python MUST be on same drive... Should get pretty high on bug list, after 2.5 base port has been release, I hope!

Cheers,

--jouni

Nokia Developer Expert

Ok, I have now updatd sis/source files so that it can be installed in any drive. I also changed the text file that comes to screen during installation.

Br,
    Hannu