Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Post How to save BT_ADDR in database & Connect to fix BT Device skipping Device Discovery

Dear All,
    i want connect to perticular bluetooth device whose address AllReady saved in databse.& next onward i want to avoid device discovery if any BT_ADDR saved in database.Currently i am using database creted using RDbNamedDatabase.But once i restart application the address is not retrived from DB.i tried to save it in INTEGER & VARCHAR format but its not working .Can any one have solution please reply.. Thanks!!!

Re: How to save BT_ADDR in database & Connect to fix BT Device skipping Device Discov

I want to do a similar thing. I wish to hide the bluetooth connection dialog by having the bluetooth connection address+port before hand. Is it possible to do this? Has anyone do that b4?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to save BT_ADDR in database & Connect to fix BT Device skipping Device Discov

A 32-bit integer is just too narrow for storing a 48-bit device address. However storting as text should work - especially if you really convert the address to text (see TBTDevAddr::Set/GetReadable).
    If you do not store anything else, a database is a bit overkill for this purpose, a simple file could also do the job.
    Also note that some kind of known-devices list already exists, check Bluetooth Engine API from the plugin pack (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/SDK_API_Plug-in)
    Atonical: you were already told in an other thread that ports/channels should not be stored, since they are assigned dynamically upon each execution.
    Both of you: note that it is also possible to do device discovery without the user: RHostResolver is capable of doing that. If you search for it in the SDK Help, "How to inquire about remote devices" is the BT-related hit.

Super Contributor