Discussion Board

Error running profileengine example

I am new to the mobile development...
    That being said, I am just trying to get the profile engine example up and running. I have installed the plug-in api for profileengine and profileengineextension in my the s60 3rd FP1 installation.

I then imported the profile engine extension project into carbide C++ 1.3 and am now trying to build and run it.

It keeps coming back with the following build error:
    Specified file '\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINSCW\UDEB\profileeng.lib' not found ProfileEngineExtension Unknown 1228161491806 297

If there is an help or guidance anyone can provide it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Error running profileengine example

The SDK API Plug-in packs do not contain .lib files for the emulator, only for the target device. So you can build only for the target devices.

Nokia Developer Moderator

There is no Profile Engine API for S60 3rd Edition FP1. What is it that you have installed?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I downloaded and installed (as specified in the readme files) S60_3rd_Ed_SDK_FP1_API_Plug-In_Pack_v2_5.zip which I found on the following page.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...60_3rd_ed.html

Thank you wizard_hu_, I will build for the device then. Is there anyway to build for the emulator then? (I assume not?)

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by easchultz1985 View Post
    Thank you wizard_hu_, I will build for the device then. Is there anyway to build for the emulator then? (I assume not?)
    yes you are right there is no way some plugin APIs will work with Emulator (at this time)