Discussion Board

Nokia Content Signing CA on Nokia N85 and Nokia N79

Hello,

It seems that Nokia Content signing CA root certificate is missing on Nokia N85 and Nokia N79 devices.As a result, even certain nokia applications ( ex: XmlDataBinding.sis) is not working on these devices. How can we get around this problem?
    Why does nokia doesn't provide a new version of xmldatabinding.dll signed with correct root certificates??

Anybody, Please suggest!!

Thanks,

Shivam

Super Contributor

Re: Nokia Content Signing CA on Nokia N85 and Nokia N79

If so, are you sure you have an actual production device (and not a prototype) and that you also have released firmware (not some R&D version) on your phones?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    If so, are you sure you have an actual production device (and not a prototype) and that you also have released firmware (not some R&D version) on your phones?
    There is a change in the root certificate used for signing Nokia's content and this sis file has not been updated since the change occurred.

As mentioned in sinhashivam's other two messages on the same subject, we will fix the problem as soon as possible.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Is this why I am unable to install ecmtagent_cpp.sis onto my new Nokia N85?

The error message I get on the phone, after attempting to install is:-
    "Certificate error: Contact the application supplier."

On a different note, I believe that the N85 is a S60 3rd Ed FP2 device. The latest SDK downloadable is S60 3rd Ed FP1. Will I be able to use this SDK to develop for my N85?

Nokia Developer Moderator

The latest S60 SDK is 5th (though it is beta) in fact. The solution: go for the "all-in-one S60 SDKs", there is no separate Java and C++ SDK for the most recent S60 platform releases.

You can check the certificate by using signsis -o ecmtagent_cpp.sis . If it shows, Issued by Nokia Content Signing CA , then yes it may be the problem. As this root certificate is missing on Nokia N85.

Thanks