Discussion Board

Smile How to handle the System Screens while making call

Hi,
    I have developed an application, from that I am trying to call a telephone number. When call is made, applications screen is going to background & System Screen is displayed in foreground. (like.... "Calling +91xxxxxxxx" once call is over device default wallpaper screen is displayed. At this stage if I navigate to DEVICE MENU & launch the application it is resuming from the stage where it is paused.

Actually I want to display only application's custom designed screens (not the system screens) while making call & once the call is over application has to resume where it is paused. Likewise I dont want to display any of the system screens throughout my application.

It will be helpfull if anybody could give me suggestions / directions / sample code / link to some other threads. All kind of inputs are welcome.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: How to handle the System Screens while making call

Hi,
    I guess you need to increase the priority of your application so that it always remain on top even if there is a call going on. This way your application will always remain on foreground.You can increase your application priority through SetOrdinalPosition() APIs.
    Maximus
    S60 Developer
    Impossible is nothing

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to handle the System Screens while making call

Quote Originally Posted by raj82singvel View Post
    Hi,
    I have developed an application, from that I am trying to call a telephone number. When call is made, applications screen is going to background & System Screen is displayed in foreground. (like.... "Calling +91xxxxxxxx" once call is over device default wallpaper screen is displayed. At this stage if I navigate to DEVICE MENU & launch the application it is resuming from the stage where it is paused.

Actually I want to display only application's custom designed screens (not the system screens) while making call & once the call is over application has to resume where it is paused. Likewise I dont want to display any of the system screens throughout my application.

It will be helpfull if anybody could give me suggestions / directions / sample code / link to some other threads. All kind of inputs are welcome.

Thanks in Advance.
    Unfortunately it is not possible using J2ME. You may do it in symbian c++.