Discussion Board

Thread: Nokia TTS API!

Nokia TTS API!

Hi!
    I am working on an application for the Nokia N96 phone and have some issues with the TTS API. I have installed the TTS from the S60_3rd_Ed_SDK_FP2_API_Plug-In_Pack_v1_2 and it seems to work.
    What I whant is somekind of callback during playback of a string. E.g. when playing "My name is kalle" i would like to have som kind of callback after each word. E.g.:
    I call ->Play() in my code
    My is played
    Callback
    name is played
    Callback

And so on... Is this not possible? Isn´t there any observer i derive from? The reason is because I whant to sync my speach with other functionality. Does anyone have any other clue how to do this?

Best Regards!

Re: Nokia TTS API!

No one who knows?

B.R
    Consultant Sweden

Nokia Developer Moderator

If such callback would exist, you would probably find it next to the API. I do not know the API or have the FP2 plugin downloaded, but the links in the Wiki say something about "segments", you can check if that segmentation helps you or not.

Hi wizard_hu_!
    Thanks for your answer it sounds interesting. Could you point out exactly where you found this information?
    Best Regards!
    Jens

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    If such callback would exist, you would probably find it next to the API. I do not know the API or have the FP2 plugin downloaded, but the links in the Wiki say something about "segments", you can check if that segmentation helps you or not.
    Consultant Sweden

Nokia Developer Moderator

I am talking about the page linked to the "NSSTTS xyz API" on the SDK API plugin page, so it is absolutely sure that you have already seen that.
    Personally I would fear from feeding sub-sentence "segments", since in that way the "sentence level" intonation is probably lost.

Yes this was my second idea (have not tried it yet) to feed the TTS API word by word. But my guess is that it won’t "flow" as expected. Therefore I raised this thread because an API (observer) would have been a much better solution ..

B.R
    Jens

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    I am talking about the page linked to the "NSSTTS xyz API" on the SDK API plugin page, so it is absolutely sure that you have already seen that.
    Personally I would fear from feeding sub-sentence "segments", since in that way the "sentence level" intonation is probably lost.
    Consultant Sweden