Discussion Board

Error "Feature not supported"

I'm using the eclipse 3.3 Europa, and I have installed the plugin for nokia widget.

I create the widget, with the wizard, the title of the project is ESEMPIO (I'm italian ).

Eclipse made in src folder, 5 files:

Esempio.css
    Esempio.html
    Esempio.js
    Icon.png
    Info.plist

and a bin folder. In the first 3 files, I didn't insert the code, in Info.plist file the code is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Nokia//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.nokia.com/foo.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>DisplayName</key>
    <string>Esempio</string>
    <key>Identifier</key>
    <string>com.nokia.Esempio</string>
    <key>MainHTML</key>
    <string>Esempio.html</string>
    <key>AllowNetworkAccess</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Version</key>
    <string>1.0</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

I have created the widget by popup menu, and the Eclipse said the location of src folder.

I have created a new zip folder, and I have dragged all files that was insrc folder. I have renamed the zip folder in Esempio.wgz.

I hava launched the emulator, i have selected File->Open->Esempio.wgz and this is the error:

"Unable to install. Feature not supported"

I copy the file in \Symbian\9.3\S60_3rd_FP2_Beta\epoc32\winscw\c\Data\Others, and I selected the esempio.wgz, by File Mgr, but nothing changes, always the same error!!!

I copy the file of src folder in a new folder, i compressed this new folder, renamed in .wgz, but nothing changes, the error is:" Error Occurred"

Why???

THANK YOU and sorry fo my english
    Last edited by mimmolinox; 2008-12-03 at 14:50.

Re: Error "Feature not supported"

heeeeelp me

pleaaseeeee

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi mimmolinox,

more appropriate place for your question would surely be the WRT Widgets board: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...play.php?f=160

Anyway, about your problem: I've created an empty widget with the same information you provided, and installation went fine on S60 3rd ed FP2 beta emulator. Could you post your wgz file, so that we can directly test it?

Pit

Nokia Developer Champion

A guess: are you using the C++ emulator (the right one), or the MIDP one? Only with the first you can test your WRT Widgets.

Pit

Quote Originally Posted by mimmolinox View Post
    heeeeelp me

pleaaseeeee
    Hi, I think I had the same problem and it's taken me a while to figure it out. I think it's just a zip problem. To make the zip, create a folder with the same name as the DisplayName value in the Info.plist, put your files in this folder, and then make the zip from this folder, being sure to specify relative file paths only, and normal zip compression. The folder name is picked up as the root path name for the files/folders in the zip. Then rename the .zip to .wgz, and it should install okay. I'm still working this out myself, so please let me know if this works for you.

E.g. I was having problems getting the LoggingSampleWgt to install if I remade the zip myself, and (I think) I solved the problem by creating the zip inside a directory named LoggingSample. The Info.plist contains:
    <key>DisplayName</key>
    <string>LoggingSample</string>

*CONFIRMATION*

This is definitely solving the problems I had, to validate your zip file ensure that the "Folder" value in the zip file e.g. when you open the zip in PKZip, WinZip or whatever, is identical to the name in your Info.plist.
    Last edited by benmorris; 2008-12-04 at 22:31.

Quote Originally Posted by benmorris View Post
    Hi, I think I had the same problem and it's taken me a while to figure it out. I think it's just a zip problem. To make the zip, create a folder with the same name as the DisplayName value in the Info.plist, put your files in this folder, and then make the zip from this folder, being sure to specify relative file paths only, and normal zip compression. The folder name is picked up as the root path name for the files/folders in the zip. Then rename the .zip to .wgz, and it should install okay. I'm still working this out myself, so please let me know if this works for you.

E.g. I was having problems getting the LoggingSampleWgt to install if I remade the zip myself, and (I think) I solved the problem by creating the zip inside a directory named LoggingSample. The Info.plist contains:
    <key>DisplayName</key>
    <string>LoggingSample</string>

*CONFIRMATION*

This is definitely solving the problems I had, to validate your zip file ensure that the "Folder" value in the zip file e.g. when you open the zip in PKZip, WinZip or whatever, is identical to the name in your Info.plist.

Thank yoooouuuuuuu

I compressed the folder with WinRar and don't work.

I compressed the folder with 7zip and all work.