Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Moderator

Thumbs up RDA updated to new version

A couple of hours ago we started doing a major update for the Forum Nokia hosted RDA service (http://www.forum.nokia.com/rda) and now things are running pretty much normally again. However if you discover any strange issues or bugs or have any other feedback regarding the "new look", I'd appreciate if you'd report to me either via this thread or pm.

Note: there's still some "tuning" to be done, like device SW versions are not directly visible in webUI. These will be fixed later.

Re: RDA updated to new version

Some issues we've discovered so far have now been fixed. I'd also like to highlight one thing that I've gotten a couple of questions about:

* the new RDA version uses components that don't work properly with Internet Explorer. IE6 is way too broken, but support for IE7 might be possible later. Currently recommented (and tested) browsers are Firefox and Safari. So unlike the older version, you should now be "officially" able to use RDA also on Mac as well as Linux (at least if you have Firefox - I tested this myself on Ubuntu).

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    Some issues we've discovered so far have now been fixed. I'd also like to highlight one thing that I've gotten a couple of questions about:

* the new RDA version uses components that don't work properly with Internet Explorer. IE6 is way too broken, but support for IE7 might be possible later. Currently recommented (and tested) browsers are Firefox and Safari. So unlike the older version, you should now be "officially" able to use RDA also on Mac as well as Linux (at least if you have Firefox - I tested this myself on Ubuntu).
    Another patch was done today. The top item for users is that support for Opera v9.6+ and Internet Explorer v7+ was restored.

I tried this service today with a E61 device. The actual device has a qwerty keyboard but RDA only displays a small phone keybord. When I click on the keys I get the characters from the qwerty keyboard, which means I can only access a subset of the characters and can not even start testing my app, which was the purpose. What am I doing wrong?

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by erikwett View Post
    I tried this service today with a E61 device. The actual device has a qwerty keyboard but RDA only displays a small phone keybord. When I click on the keys I get the characters from the qwerty keyboard, which means I can only access a subset of the characters and can not even start testing my app, which was the purpose. What am I doing wrong?

Erik
    Yes, no "onscreen qwerty keyboard" for that device, as well as E63/E71/E90, has been implemented. You are supposed to use the PC keyboard as qwerty "replacement".

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    Yes, no "onscreen qwerty keyboard" for that device, as well as E63/E71/E90, has been implemented. You are supposed to use the PC keyboard as qwerty "replacement".
    There was a bug that usernames with "@" character were not able to connect to a RDA device, this was fixed today. (along a few other things, like proper style for 5630XM and E75)

(urgent: 12pm-20th Feb 2009)
    Hi BRS,
    I was in the middle of testing on the Nokia 5630 XpressMusic this morning
    and the RDA just disconnected. I just can't get back in to that device.
    The Java UI just says "waiting for Phoen to activate" but it has been saying this for
    hours. Can you reboot it for me? Thise menu options are disabled.
    Thanks.