I seem to have a bug which shows a potential problem when processing multiple key press events in the emulator and the phone.
I am using the latest Symbian series 60 development kit and PC emulator. My phone is a Nokia 7650 and the same bug happens on this as on the emulator.
The zip file for the project is at: http://www.wellytop.com/ShowBug2.zip
Compile the app and when it is running you should see a blank screen except for the little blue bar near the top. This is normal. The output for this application appears in your debug output window. The RDebug::Print() command is used to show which numbered events are being received from the window manager session.
To show the bug follow these steps:
1) Press and hold down the '1' key on the keypad.
2) While holding down '1' press and hold '2'. You will notice that no extra events are shown relating to the '2' key. A key down event should be issued but is not. Release '2'. You will notice a key up event is issued.
3) Release both keys.
4) While holding down '1' press and release the 'C' key. This button seems to generate a key event because a key down and key up event is issued for the 'C' key. Interesting that this key should produce an event when the '2' key does not.
5) While still holding down the '1' key now press the '2' key. You will see key down and key up events for the '2' key. This shows the '3' key is now generating key events properly.
6) Releasing all keys will produce key up events as usual.
What this bug seems to show is that the events for multiple key presses are not being passed to the application until one of the priority keys (of which the 'C' key is one) is pressed.
I would appreciate knowing if this bug is really an OS bug and if anyone else is experiencing this problem?