Discussion Board

Angry Playing mp3 and wma files in music player of s60 5th edition emulator

Hi,

What is the procedure to play mp3 or wma files in s60 5th edition emulator.??

When I tried to play them, I am always getting "corrupted file.. operation cancelled"

Do I have to install any other plugins or other stuff.... I just Installed the sdk which is available in forum.nokia.
    If I have to install any other plugins/codec and other stuff, where can I download them.

I am new to S60 ... any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
    Hitesh

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Playing mp3 and wma files in music player of s60 5th edition emulator

With earlier SDKs the codesc for MP3 and some other formats were not included in the SDK, have not checked it with 5.0, so don't know if it is issue still. anyway, have not seen any way on adding any codec's into the emulator, other than building one by yourself.

You could maybe check OggPlay project and see whether you could get it build for the 5.0 emulator..

remy_david

Re: Playing mp3 and wma files in music player of s60 5th edition emulator

I have the same issue with N97 SDK, I cannot open a MP3 file in the emulator music application, I get a file corrupted error.

I am working on a mp3 player app and when I call the createPlayer() function, trying to play the same mp3 file from my app, I get a error -1 Player cannot be created. I am wondering if this two issues are linked ? The example code provided with the SDK does not work either for opening an external mp3.

How can I debug my application in the emulator if this is not supported? do I have to install an older SDK which support MP3 playback?