Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

RHttpSession, Killing me!

Dear All,

I am writing you a second strange problem happened to me

Here is the story:

One of my application classes works as HTTP Client engine, i have coded it using RHttpSession and RHttpTransaction, It was working so fine, amazing on S60 3rd FP1 SDK, when i changed the SDK to S60 3rd FP2, it is acting crazy, always crashes on Exit, after doing some debugging and benefits from HookLogger, i have discovered that it was crashes on RHttpSession::Close() in class destructor, And it is through a KERN-EXEC 3 on Close() function.

On contrary, it was working perfectly before....

Now, lets talk about my own searching part:

1) I have asked some people, they told me it is a Binary Compatibility issue (from FP1 to FP2), I doubt that is true!

2) Others mentioned that, maybe i am closing the RHttpSession twice!, That is not true, i am closing it only once, in the whole application life.

3) Others mentioned that, RHttpSession and RHttpTransaction have there own decision for using Close() function, and that no need for closing them manually!!!!! I have no idea about this.

But, i am closing only RHttpSession and closing and Canceling RHttpTransaction.

My own experimental, i have tested note number 3, meaning: i have commented the lines for closing both, the debugger continue its work and passes theses lines, but an Alloc panic occur in the (Application Name).cpp class, which is one of the built-in classes generated for any S60 project!!!

Really i am stuck on this and have no idea about what happens to my application, note that it was working perfectly on S60 3rd FP1!!!

Your help will considered as saving Leonard life

There is no status for Leonard in this post
    Last edited by amerzannouneh; 2008-12-04 at 17:32.
    Regards,
    Leonard

Regular Contributor

Re: RHttpSession, Killing me!

Is there anybody here???

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Leonard

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,

I guess the best way to find out the error will be commenting out the code - it needs some time, but it is better then waiting for the answer on the forum... First start with commenting engine source, check if the UI is O.K., then try to call just OpenL() and Close() on RHttpSession and add more and more code until you will find out where the bug is.

Regarding your points:
    1/ You rebuild the project with the new SDK isn't it? So it is nothing with the binary compatibility. BC means generally that your application, which depends on some other component can run without recompilation even if the underlying component changes.
    2/ Calling some Close() methods should be O.K. but I recommend you to avoid it.
    3/ That is not true

BR
    STeN

Hi,

Could you post the code that you are suspecting to cause the problem so that we get better idea to analyze and provide you with solutions. Mean while I could try doing the same.
    Regards,
    Sriky

Regular Contributor

Thanks all for your reply...

stenlik: Sure, i am not setting here and waiting for an answer...am always trying and trying hard before i attempt to ask a question in the Forum Nokia....

Sriky27: It is somehow private stuff and i dont have any permission to show it... Sorry again..

I have done all the possible solutions for this problem...but there was no way, OK, am fine for this behavior

But, there was one thing, i can play around it,,, as stenlik suggested, i have commented the lines for closing the RHttpSession in the HTTP Engine class destructor....., the debugger continue its work and passes theses lines, for the sack of luck, a panic occur in the ((MyApp)Document).cpp class destructor , which is one of the built-in classes generated for any S60 project! It is a KERN-EXEC 0 Panic.

Have no idea about this...i did not make any modifications for the code of this class.

Your help will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Leonard

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,

the error KERN-EXEC 0 is the result of some previous errors - it is not caused by the document class directly.

Once again questions:

1/ If you comment all HTTP stuff - everything related to RHttpXXX classes and you just start and close application, so only GUI classes are involved - is it working with no error?

2/ If you in additon to 1/ Initialize RHttpSession and close it (pair OpenL() and Close()) does it work?

3/ If you try WebClient example from the SDK - is it working or not?

I guess that the crash on the Close() could be the result of previous "not correct" use of the RHttpXXX classes in your application.

Regards,
    STeN