Discussion Board

Post S60 OS9.x Application to move folders to the root folder?

Hi

Just a quick question, is anyone or do you know of anyone developing an application for S60 OS9.X that permits a user to move an empty folder to the root folder. The reason for asking is that if no is then I'll start developing one myself because I've only found a work around, (place the required folder next to an unwanted application and remove it, while the App Manager thinks about it, browse back to the application icon and select Options, Move to Folder. Once App Manager catches up the required folder is then selected with menu option 'Move to Folder' still active, thus a user can then move the required folder to the root folder and retain the folder image). Seem a bit of daft way to go about and I still can't belive something so basic doesn't exist in the latest firmware upgrade v30.0.0.15. So if you know of someone or you know of a app that already exist can you let me know.

If I don't hear anything by next week I'll start on one myself.

Thank you in advance, have a great day and take care

regards
    KM

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: S60 OS9.x Application to move folders to the root folder?

The use case is kind of ... particular. As for developing such application I am afraid that the required APIs are not public.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

So how does one go about making the required APIs public or if required how do I get those that have access to the APIs to pull their fingers out and develop such functionality in the next firmware upgrade?

Nokia Developer Moderator

The development of such a feature has nothing to do with firmware releases. The required functionality is obviously implemented in the menu application but you cannot trigger them without access to the APIs.

If you have a valid business reason for your request you can use the API Partnering process, if not ... think of something else to do :)
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite