Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How do I install Camera Server?

To run the example camera applications within the series 60 emulator I am supposed to install the camera server. I found and downloaded the Camera_Serv.zip file from developer.nokia.com without any problems. When I unzip the file I find a complex directory structure with lots of lib, dll, and exe files but I don't know how to go about installing it in the emulator. I have looked for installation directions but havn't found them anywhere. Can anyone tell me how to actually install the camera server? (I should warn the reader that so far I have only run example applications within the emulator using Visual Studio to compile them from the auto-generated v6 project files.)

How much functionality will the camera server make available within the emulator? Is it possible to emulate taking photos? I would even be happy if I had to supply fake images for the server to return. Do I need to connect some sort of webcam to the computer?

Sincerely,
    James Carpenter
    nawkboy@yahoo.com

Regular Contributor

RE: How do I install Camera Server?

Hi,

Please go the below link
    http://nkn.forum.nokia.com/devrel/threadshow.cfm?mb=5061606466647644&msg=4482837038515101&page=1

Regards,
    Ravi