Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Phone client dial api and aiw dial data consumer api compability

Hi,
    I am using aiw dial data consumer api to do a voice call. However, in 3rd edition FP1, using TAiwDialDataV1 and TAiwDialDataV1Pckg, it is working fine but in 3rd edition FP2, the application does not make a call after the function is run. But, if using CAiwDialData, it is working fine in 3rd edtion FP2 but not in FP1. So I am wondering why TAiwDialDataV1 and TAiwDialDataV1Pckg are not supported in FP2.
    In addition, since aiw is not working in both FP1 and FP2, so I try to use phone client dial api(CPhCltDialer). Again, this is supported in FP1 but not in FP2. Does anyone face this problem also? what API should we use for voice call so that it is supported in FP1 and FP2 also.

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Phone client dial api and aiw dial data consumer api compability

I think the safest API for dialing in 3rd edition would be CTelephony, so can you try it out.

Regular Contributor

Hi,
    I can't use CTelephony since I am sending string like ##21# and **21*123456# for call forwarding and forwarding cancellation. Is there any other API that allows me to do that on 3rd edition FP1 and FP2?

Thanks again.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Not really, at least I can not remember, I would suppose those would be SS (or something else, but not USSD at least) commands, so it would be propably Etemm that has the actual APIs, and it is non-public Symbian owned API, however, you could do the tasks with AT commands.