Discussion Board

call conference over ip

hi,
    I will develop call conference application using voip. I want to know if multicasting possible over ip using SIP/RTP/APS and if such an application could be done with the current technologies on s60 platform using symbian C++

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: call conference over ip

it does not really help on making same question every another day, as you had this one already posted two days ago: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=152557

VoIP, is not really too easy topic, so if you don't have time (as you said in http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=152444), it might not be too good topic to start with.

Anyway, there are quite many posts on the topic earlier, so maybe you could try searhcing a bit more, and see if you find anything that could be used in your case.

I'm also rather sure there is some documents at least for the SIP, so you could maybe also have a look into them.

Nokia Developer Moderator

If you want to use SIP, why do not you simply search for SIP conference (or conferencing) with Google for example?

sorry, I taught the experts differ according to topics. I know and have searched for sip/voip for 2 months. I only tried to see your ideas about the conference I searched google but the applications are mostly peer to peer so I cannot be sure if point to multipoint application possible in voip application thanks for your replay.

I also going to develop such application. As 'projeci' said there are few number of topics are discussing voice conferencing over Symbian. Is it could be done with the current technologies on s60 platform using symbian C++ ? Are there any appExamples for that?