Discussion Board

Help! - Expired Certificate Error with Nokia 5800

I am a new user of Carbide and I wonder anyone can help me on the following:

I created a S60 5th theme using Carbide 3.3.

I generated the key pair and packaged the theme into a sis file using the built-in function in Carbide.

I opened the certificate file in Windows and it clearly stated that the certificate is valid from 12/11/2008 (i.e. today) to 12/10/2013. (a 5-year certificate)

I transferred the sis file to my Nokia 5800. When I installed the sis on the phone, I received an "Expired Certificate" error.

Is this a problem with my phone or is this a problem with Carbide? (Note: I already tried a hard reset on my phone and this problem still continues).

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Help! - Expired Certificate Error with Nokia 5800

Hi!
    While installing the sis file there might be 2 reasons why the certificate error may be seen:
    1) The Online Certificate Check is "On" for all the installation :
    Work-around
    -> Change the status of Online Certificate Check to "Off" for all the installation (usually this is found in Settings->Application manager)
    2) The date/time difference when the certificates are created and the date/time set in the device
    Work-around
    -> The date/time of creation of the certificates must be before the date/time thats set in the device.

BR,
    PG

Same problem during installing demo Theme from Carbide.
    Still need help.

Quote Originally Posted by phoneyguy View Post
    Hi!
    While installing the sis file there might be 2 reasons why the certificate error may be seen:
    1) The Online Certificate Check is "On" for all the installation :
    Work-around
    -> Change the status of Online Certificate Check to "Off" for all the installation (usually this is found in Settings->Application manager)
    2) The date/time difference when the certificates are created and the date/time set in the device
    Work-around
    -> The date/time of creation of the certificates must be before the date/time thats set in the device.

BR,
    PG
    Sorry but neither of these things work. I cannot even download apps direct from Nokia?

I also have this problem with my 5800.

Even installs from Download! give the "Expired certificate" error.

My 5800 is v20.0.012 firmware. IMEI is 353205032374439

I have installed many other .sis on the 5800 phone before now both by
    direct download and by PC suite and from Download!. I have not received an expired
    certificate before now.

I have checked the date on the phone, it is correct.

I have checked
    Settings/Application mgr/Installation sett/Online certificate check is Off.

Nokia Developer Moderator

See posts #13, #14 and #15 at http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...775#post532775

Remember to search for existing solutions when running into problems, chances are that you are not the first one facing the problem.s
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by honsq View Post
    I am a new user of Carbide and I wonder anyone can help me on the following:

I created a S60 5th theme using Carbide 3.3.

I generated the key pair and packaged the theme into a sis file using the built-in function in Carbide.

I opened the certificate file in Windows and it clearly stated that the certificate is valid from 12/11/2008 (i.e. today) to 12/10/2013. (a 5-year certificate)

I transferred the sis file to my Nokia 5800. When I installed the sis on the phone, I received an "Expired Certificate" error.

Is this a problem with my phone or is this a problem with Carbide? (Note: I already tried a hard reset on my phone and this problem still continues).

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    I had the same problem on My Nokia 5800, all I did was change the date on the phone to a year before the current date. This should fix the problem