Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Nokia 5800 and "Expired certificate" error

Oh thats not a very good news !

I guess the solution provided earlier (*#7370#) should still work, but this bug be better be fixed soon in new firmwares ...
    Amit Kankani
    Nokia Developer Champion

On a bright note, I was able to install the application I was trying after inserting a SIM card.

Suggesting a user use the *#7370# hard reset is honestly a rather poor experience, as that resets the entire phone, including erasing any personal information. Let's hope Nokia addresses this sooner, and not later.

hi, im having problems installing apps aswell.
    i always get "expired certificate".
    im on the latest firmware 11.0.009

i didnt have the problem until installed this update though. (as far as i can remember)
    iv tried the reset method and changing my country to hong kong at the time of reset.

but that hasnt worked, and i dont fancy doing it again because even though i backed all my settings etc up with the pc suite.
    when i restored them i still lost all my settings.

i also tried removing the sim card and the memory card. but i still get the same error.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Check for updates at http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-...e/can-i-update, there should be a new firmware available although I cannot promise you that it fixes the bug.

As for fixing the problem on your current firmware see the post at http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...5&postcount=13
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

okay thanks for that .
    i worked out the problem... last time i skipped the date screens etc because i though i could change them later.
    this time i set the date and time at the reset and it worked fine.

[zahed]We got it from Nokia, and the software version is 20.0.012.204.03, dated 26-01-2009.
    my phone no:-009745651410

If you have the certificate expired problem the solution is presented two posts back, just click on that link to learn more.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I have updated my nokia 5800 OS. But still I am facing the problem of Certificate Expired... can any one help I have tried all the tricks available on net.

Quote Originally Posted by ishratjamaal View Post
    I have updated my nokia 5800 OS. But still I am facing the problem of Certificate Expired... can any one help I have tried all the tricks available on net.
    What certificate is it ? when was it made ? is your date etc. settings valid ?

Also is it your own sis file or somebody else's ?

Basic thing: certificates have a validity period. It has a starting date and an ending date. The certificate is valid between the two. Formatting the device does not affect this. The date and time of the device are what matter.
    Less basic thing: certificates might get revoked, which renders them invalid regardless of their supposed validity period. However in this case you would probably see a message about revocation and not expiry.