Discussion Board

Nokia Sans font for download?

I'm a UI designer, and I'd like to use the Nokia Sans font in my designs for S60 apps. However, I can't seem to find this font available anywhere for download or purchase. Does anyone know where I can get it?

Super Contributor

Re: Nokia Sans font for download?

As far as I know, it is only available as part of the Nokia phone firmware. On the other hand, if you develop for Nokia S60 phones, your app can use the font through the use of system default fonts (except perhaps on some Asian models, where the default font is different).

Post Re: Nokia Sans font for download?

You can actually get a TrueType version of the fonts from the S60 Platform SDKs for Symbian OS. You'll need to download and install the SDK (Windows ONLY), but once you've done that you should be able to find the following fonts in the following directory*:

C:\Symbian\[version# ex. 9.2]\[release # ex. S60_3rd_FP1_5]\Epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\z\resource\fonts\

s60zdigi.ttf - Series 60 ZDigi Regular
    s60tsb.ttf - Series 60 Title SemiBold
    s60ssb.ttf - Series 60 SemiBold
    s60snrb.ttf - Series 60 SansB Regular
    s60snr.ttf - Series 60 Sans Regular
    s60hindiitsb.ttf - Series 60 Hindi TitleSemiBold
    s60hindissb.ttf - Series 60 Hindi SemiBold
    s60hindisnr.ttf - Series 60 Hindi Regular

* the [version# ex. 9.2]\[release # ex. S60_3rd_FP1_5] will be slightly different on your system depending on the installed SDK.

The TTF files are actually Windows TTF files, but these should work on Mac OS X (they seem to load fine in Leopard). You might also find a few .ccc files located in the fonts directory - I have no idea what these are for. It would be really nice to make these fonts a little easier for designers to access - especially if they happen to be on a Mac and don't have any way of installing the SDK (requires Windows).

Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

Do note that the fonts are copyrighted material, and unless you get redistribution rights for the font files, you can't redistribute them legally as part of free or commercial products. Of course, you don't need to redistribute the fonts at all, if you are using them on/from phones that already have them.

Thank you for what was provided

Can someone please create a mirror for Nokia's download server since the webmasters can't keep the downloads running. Currently no SDK can be downloaded.

Thank you!

Errr, there is no Font "Nokia Sans" in the SDK!! The fonts included are the ones used on the phones but Nokia Sans is not used on phones, thus its not included in the SDKs!!
    Last edited by an3k; 2010-02-06 at 14:41.

I have downloaded S60 Platform SDKs for Symbian OS, for C++ but this pack was corrupted. What will I do?

Unhappy Re: Nokia Sans font for download?

I have downloaded the pack S60 Platform SDKs for Symbian OS, for C++ but it was corrupted. What will I do?

Worked for me thanks