Discussion Board

Problem with Flash Lite & Nokia - Flash Lite does not open in MMS

Can anyone explain why Flash Lite does not open when you send it via MMS?

The Smil is fine, no error messages, when you open it the timer is counting however the page is blank.

Is there a way around this? I am testing on a e71 with flash lite 3

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Problem with Flash Lite & Nokia - Flash Lite does not open in MMS

Quote Originally Posted by muggzy View Post
    Can anyone explain why Flash Lite does not open when you send it via MMS?

The Smil is fine, no error messages, when you open it the timer is counting however the page is blank.

Is there a way around this? I am testing on a e71 with flash lite 3
    Just check out the Objects in the MMS .If u received a flash content via MMS then it should be there.How to check objects?? Open mms goto Options>Objects. And if it available there , just click it and it will be run on Flash lite player.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: Problem with Flash Lite & Nokia - Flash Lite does not open in MMS

yeah its there but it doesnt play in presentation mode only if i go to objects, open. Imagine if you had to do that with Picture messages!

The point is I want the MMS to open and play the flash not be deep embedden within the message so the average user doesnt know how to get to it.

Its clearly trying to play because the timer is counting and the screen is blank. My thought is that the messaging part of the phone is not Flash Lite 3 compatible unlike the browser.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Problem with Flash Lite & Nokia - Flash Lite does not open in MMS

Quote Originally Posted by muggzy View Post
    yeah its there but it doesnt play in presentation mode only if i go to objects, open. Imagine if you had to do that with Picture messages!

The point is I want the MMS to open and play the flash not be deep embedden within the message so the average user doesnt know how to get to it.

Its clearly trying to play because the timer is counting and the screen is blank. My thought is that the messaging part of the phone is not Flash Lite 3 compatible unlike the browser.
    Yeah..According to my vision, MMS doesnt support flash lite playback. So, only left option is this convert your SWF file to GIF and Sound Object to MID and then put them in an mms .It make your mms attracted coz it plays when one open mms ..

Best Regards,

SajiSoft

Re: Problem with Flash Lite & Nokia - Flash Lite does not open in MMS

MMS actually supports it, its the Nokia phone that doesnt within the messaging. This needs to be fixed