Discussion Board

push message using java program

Hi,
    I had some problems when trying to send the push message for my project. I follow the sample program from the "WAP Push Info page document" in the Forum Nokia document. It had the PPG program and push initiator with the pap and si message inside the program. And it used IPv4 as client address instead of PLMN in the sample in "Getting started with WAP Push" document. But, i cannot get the push message in the push service inbox as we can get it when we push the message from the toolkit. May I know what is the problems?

I had try it with 6590, 8310 and 7210 and my web server is tomcat.
    Which one should I follow? The "info page" document or the "getting started" document. And if can, can you give me a correct example that will run well?

Thanks for your attention. Hope to hear from you soon

RE: push message using java program

Hi,

You can use "IPv4" client addressing when you are using Toolkit. If you want to send your Push message to real terminal "PLMN" type addressing has to be used in most cases. The example in the Forum Nokia web site has the over simplyfied PPG to be used with Toolkit using IPv4 type addressing only. However, "real" PPG has to be used if you want to test your application against real terminals. If you want to have an access to "real" PPG, Forum Nokia also offers that kind of an access for you. You can find it under "Developer support" link in the Forum Nokia main page.

Best Regards,
    Jori / Forum Nokia