Discussion Board

I developed a Guitar Tunning Assist. in FlashLite, how can I get it into the market?

Hi there!

Well, I'm a beginner in all this stuff about creating software for mobile devices, one day I decided to get started and solve a problem I've been having. I'm a pro-musician and sometimes I need to tune my guitars, and well I play gigs at bars and sometimes I forget my tuner, so I thought that it would be nice to have something for doing that using a cell-phone.

Well... since I have no clue about how to program in Java, I decided that FlashLite would be an easier way to get it done, so I did... and then I got some ideas from Nokia Forum's wiki and docs and I finished programming some weeks ago. I tested the software, it just plays some guitar sounds which are the notes of the guitar strings played on air... my musician friends liked it and they told me I should sell it...

So that brought me here, because I've been browsing the website and there are a lot of tools for selling Java applications, but I couldn't find a link here in the Nokia Forum to get my software tested and reviewed, and of course I want to get it into the market.

My application is a .swf, I run it almost daily in my Nokia 6120 and it works fine... so long story short.. I would like to have it published and sold... How could I do that using Nokia's Channels?

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: I developed a Guitar Tunning Assist. in FlashLite, how can I get it into the mark

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmex1986 View Post
    Hi there!

Well, I'm a beginner in all this stuff about creating software for mobile devices, one day I decided to get started and solve a problem I've been having. I'm a pro-musician and sometimes I need to tune my guitars, and well I play gigs at bars and sometimes I forget my tuner, so I thought that it would be nice to have something for doing that using a cell-phone.

Well... since I have no clue about how to program in Java, I decided that FlashLite would be an easier way to get it done, so I did... and then I got some ideas from Nokia Forum's wiki and docs and I finished programming some weeks ago. I tested the software, it just plays some guitar sounds which are the notes of the guitar strings played on air... my musician friends liked it and they told me I should sell it...

So that brought me here, because I've been browsing the website and there are a lot of tools for selling Java applications, but I couldn't find a link here in the Nokia Forum to get my software tested and reviewed, and of course I want to get it into the market.

My application is a .swf, I run it almost daily in my Nokia 6120 and it works fine... so long story short.. I would like to have it published and sold... How could I do that using Nokia's Channels?
    First of all warm welcome to Flash Lite dibo , A new developer .
    Yes , you can sell your application via Nokia Channels. Read this :
    Nokia Market Channels
    You can also sell your Nokia applications to handango :
    Hanango

Hope it helps you ...Enjoy Flash Programming ...

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: I developed a Guitar Tunning Assist. in FlashLite, how can I get it into the mark

I many ideas i want to develop;but I don't really like the learning curve of Symbian C++, and decided to start learning PyS60;hoping that 1day it will get as advanced as Sym C++,so i can build my big ideas.
    But Flashlite seems easy. I wanted to know what its learning curve is and what prior knowledge might be required to learn it. ?

David.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: I developed a Guitar Tunning Assist. in FlashLite, how can I get it into the mark

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
    I many ideas i want to develop;but I don't really like the learning curve of Symbian C++, and decided to start learning PyS60;hoping that 1day it will get as advanced as Sym C++,so i can build my big ideas.
    But Flashlite seems easy. I wanted to know what its learning curve is and what prior knowledge might be required to learn it. ?

David.
    Please Start a new thread for new discussion. I think all ur questions are answered here :
    Quick Start with flash Lite
    Hope u have a nice XP with flash lite as i have .

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: I developed a Guitar Tunning Assist. in FlashLite, how can I get it into the mark

Oh! Didn't see that b4. Thanx 4d link.