×

Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: manage message

  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bhavnagar
    Posts
    255

    Exclamation manage message

    Code:
    import e32
    import appuifw
    e32.ao_sleep(5)
    this code can wait for 5sec.

    there is any code availabale with which i can wait for more than 5 hour.

    i m asking this bcoz i like to make an app. for messege.

    which sending time i can deside.

    if it is already made then tell me..
    nayan trivedi.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bhavnagar (India)
    Posts
    112

    Smile Re: manage message

    hi Nayan,

    Just modify given 5sec to 18000sec for 5hr delay.
    Good Luck for your application.

    Regards
    - Chintan Umraliya

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    73

    Re: manage message

    Quote Originally Posted by nayan_trivedi View Post
    Code:
    import e32
    import appuifw
    e32.ao_sleep(5)
    this code can wait for 5sec.

    there is any code availabale with which i can wait for more than 5 hour.

    i m asking this bcoz i like to make an app. for messege.

    which sending time i can deside.

    if it is already made then tell me..
    ----------------------------------------------
    Just make a timer!
    try!

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bhavnagar (India)
    Posts
    112

    Re: manage message

    xiaobu is correct,
    You can use timer to provide delay.
    have a look at following articles for more details.
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...create_a_timer
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._to_use_Timers

    Regards,
    - Chintan Umraliya

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bhavnagar
    Posts
    255

    Re: manage message

    Code:
    import appuifw,messaging
     import e32
    
     msg = appuifw.query(u"Type your name:", "text")
    
     mon = "+919426592286" 
    
     msg_txt = u"HI from" +msg
     
     e32.ao_sleep(20)
    
     messaging.sms_send(mon, msg_txt)
    
     appuifw.note(u"Messages sent", "info")
    this code shows me error that
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<pyshell#0>", line 2, in <module>
    import appuifw,messaging
    ImportError: No module named appuifw


    help me..
    how i can remove it.
    nayan trivedi.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bhavnagar (India)
    Posts
    112

    Re: manage message

    Hi Nayan,
    Are you running script in Emulator?
    Describe the process you follow to run a script please.

    Regards
    - Chintan Umraliya

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,795

    Re: manage message

    Quote Originally Posted by nayan_trivedi View Post
    >
    import appuifw,messaging
    You should consider using a space after the comma, otherwise it is considered as one word.

    Code:
    import appuifw, messaging
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  8. #8
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bhavnagar
    Posts
    928

    Re: manage message

    Quote Originally Posted by nayan_trivedi View Post
    Code:
    import appuifw,messaging
     import e32
    
     msg = appuifw.query(u"Type your name:", "text")
    
     mon = "+919426592286" 
    
     msg_txt = u"HI from" +msg
     
     e32.ao_sleep(20)
    
     messaging.sms_send(mon, msg_txt)
    
     appuifw.note(u"Messages sent", "info")
    this code shows me error that
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<pyshell#0>", line 2, in <module>
    import appuifw,messaging
    ImportError: No module named appuifw


    help me..
    how i can remove it.
    hi nayan,
    I think pankaj is right and you should try it and ifproblem exist than ithink there is an extra space before import in the second line. Try to remove all extra blank space.
    Jajal Mehul

  9. #9
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: manage message

    hello nayan

    i guess the problem is your second line is not in proper identation.
    So make a proper indentation and then try, then it will definitely work.

    Code:
    import appuifw, messaging
    import e32
    enjoy pythoning
    gaba88

  10. #10
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    73

    Re: manage message

    Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    hello nayan

    i guess the problem is your second line is not in proper identation.
    So make a proper indentation and then try, then it will definitely work.

    Code:
    import appuifw, messaging
    import e32
    enjoy pythoning
    gaba88
    ------------------------------------------------
    I think so!

  11. #11
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bhavnagar
    Posts
    255

    Cool Re: manage message

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    You should consider using a space after the comma, otherwise it is considered as one word.

    Code:
    import appuifw, messaging
    hi..
    sorry for internal error i m replaying late.

    Code:
    import appuifw, messaging
    import e32
    msg = appuifw.query(u"Type your name:", "text")
    mon = "+919426592286" 
    msg_txt = u"HI from" +msg
    e32.ao_sleep(20)
    messaging.sms_send(mon, msg_txt)
    appuifw.note(u"Messages sent", "info")

    afetr using this code same error occurs.
    i m running my script in python shell..
    nayan trivedi.

  12. #12
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,795

    Re: manage message

    Quote Originally Posted by nayan_trivedi View Post
    hi..
    sorry for internal error i m replaying late.

    Code:
    import appuifw, messaging
    import e32
    msg = appuifw.query(u"Type your name:", "text")
    mon = "+919426592286" 
    msg_txt = u"HI from" +msg
    e32.ao_sleep(20)
    messaging.sms_send(mon, msg_txt)
    appuifw.note(u"Messages sent", "info")

    afetr using this code same error occurs.
    i m running my script in python shell..
    What version of PyS60 do you use?

    Which device or emulator do you use?
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  13. #13
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bhavnagar
    Posts
    255

    Re: manage message

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    What version of PyS60 do you use?

    Which device or emulator do you use?
    i m using 2nd ed.
    and emulator(debug) of 2nd ed.
    nayan trivedi.

  14. #14
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,795

    Re: manage message

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    What version of PyS60 do you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by nayan_trivedi View Post
    i m using 2nd ed.
    Version? PyS60 1.4.5 ?

    Works fine for me. You just seem to have a faulty installation of PyS60 SDK.
    Check if appuifw.py exists in your lib folder.

    I would suggest you to copy all files of the SDK to the epoc root.

    Best Regards,
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  15. #15
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bhavnagar
    Posts
    255

    Re: manage message

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    Version? PyS60 1.4.5 ?

    Works fine for me. You just seem to have a faulty installation of PyS60 SDK.


    Best Regards,
    Croozeus
    i m using pys60 1.4.4

    Check if appuifw.py exists in your lib folder.
    no there is no file like this in my lib folder.

    what i do for that?

    from where i get registration no. for my emulator??
    nayan trivedi.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with Cabride.c++ v1.1
    By markovuksanovic in forum Carbide.c++ IDE and plug-ins (Closed)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-01-24, 20:05
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2006-08-28, 14:35
  3. Help on sending Message :(
    By vasant21 in forum Symbian
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-07-07, 06:38
  4. Sending long message
    By njoandy1 in forum Smart Messaging
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2005-02-06, 09:38
  5. Why I cann't send message? HelP!
    By starryshen in forum Symbian
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2004-03-21, 07:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×